Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anyone trying the new PowerBelt AeroLights? >

Anyone trying the new PowerBelt AeroLights?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone trying the new PowerBelt AeroLights?

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
By special order from CVA.

(Sorry Jon. Couldn't help myself.)
That particular mojo is on backorder right now.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

i used the 250gr Aerolite on a muley with a 110gr blackhorn209. Bullet fragmented but the entrance hole was in the 3" dia size and the lungs were trashed, very good and easy to follow blood trail, deer went 20 yards coughing up lung. heres the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmYgxUVAx14
Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
i used the 250gr Aerolite on a muley with a 110gr blackhorn209. Bullet fragmented but the entrance hole was in the 3" dia size and the lungs were trashed, very good and easy to follow blood trail,
And yet he's still here posting. So it's obvious these are horrible bullets or else he just won't die! Oh wel MD you tried.

Last edited by bronko22000; 11-11-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, powerbelts have a name for coming apart when pushed too hard. Sure, many people use them with success and love them. Many like me have moved on to other bullets. Then comes the aerolite. The design ENSURES that they will come apart easier than regular powerbelts. Design sounds like an accurate varmit bullet. For elk, I want something that stays together, not be designed for rapid expansion and fragmentation. After MD's "success" on a muley (with a 3" ENTRANCE hole), I would not consider using this bullet on an elk.

And if I were a betting man, I would bet MD will have a thor bullet in his gun next time he goes after elk

Last edited by txhunter58; 11-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Banned

Powerbelt Aerolite has been marked as a deer sized game bullet only.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot some 338gr Platinum PB's today. Very accurate, and recoil gets my attention with 100gr of BH.

It will be my elk load.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is one thing about the PB's that is useful.
It gives us the lower end so we can establish what a bad bullet is as the next one up the ladder I propose the hard cast bullet which has its place on very big animals which require maximum penetration but is a problem on deer sized animals as they run for a couple of hundred yds and can be very hard to track with that neat round hole that likes to close up.
Maybe we should try to assmble a list by the effectiveness of the bullet. I might help the begginers.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

After watching FG's video, granted he did not get a pass through but he did have a nice blood trail and the wound was excellent. While its hard to judge from a Video, the deer did not look like it ran all that far.

Is the Aero Light new in design? Besides being 250 grains what makes it different then the 295 grain powerbelts?

Just because I have heard so many BAD reports of how the bullet performs, I find I want to use it all the more and see for myself. Now granted, in my GPH I can only push them 80 grains of 2f worth. But I still think that will work. Maybe I will get a chance to find out.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the Aerolite they made the hollow point even more. Exactly what a PB doesn't need. With the weight they took out of the hollow point they made the bullet longer for a better BC. Again, it didn't need it. PB's were always accurate.

So, it suppose to be a bullet that expands without a magnum load. I thought they always did, and blew up with a magnum load.

It's a good deer bullet, and it's very accurate.

It's not recommended for elk. That's what the Platinum is for. It has the smallest hollow point of all the PB's. It also has a harder coating to delay expansion. The BC is very good, and it very consistent for me at 200yds today. It has a skirt that fit tighter, and is perfect in my gun. No worries of it ever coming off the powder.

Anyway, I have complete faith in the bullet. Hopefully i'll get an elk next year, and Jon loves to take pictures. I'm sure they'll be plenty to show how the bullet worked.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
After watching FG's video, granted he did not get a pass through but he did have a nice blood trail and the wound was excellent. While its hard to judge from a Video, the deer did not look like it ran all that far.

Is the Aero Light new in design? Besides being 250 grains what makes it different then the 295 grain powerbelts?

Just because I have heard so many BAD reports of how the bullet performs, I find I want to use it all the more and see for myself. Now granted, in my GPH I can only push them 80 grains of 2f worth. But I still think that will work. Maybe I will get a chance to find out.
Cayugad, the Aerolite has a larger hollow point than the older PB's, with nothing to control it's expansion,since it's a pure lead bullet.considering the shot jon made on that deer was 80 yds IMHO it performed horribly. most any other bullet with that same 110 gr powder charge would have exited..no bullet that blows up is a good bullet..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.