HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone trying the new PowerBelt AeroLights?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
After watching FG's video, granted he did not get a pass through but he did have a nice blood trail and the wound was excellent. While its hard to judge from a Video, the deer did not look like it ran all that far.

Is the Aero Light new in design? Besides being 250 grains what makes it different then the 295 grain powerbelts?

Just because I have heard so many BAD reports of how the bullet performs, I find I want to use it all the more and see for myself. Now granted, in my GPH I can only push them 80 grains of 2f worth. But I still think that will work. Maybe I will get a chance to find out.
Cayugad, the Aerolite has a larger hollow point than the older PB's, with nothing to control it's expansion,since it's a pure lead bullet.considering the shot jon made on that deer was 80 yds IMHO it performed horribly. most any other bullet with that same 110 gr powder charge would have exited..no bullet that blows up is a good bullet..