Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Disapointment !!! >

Knight Disapointment !!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Disapointment !!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Not that I want to get into the fire on this thread but I ordered sabots and a new jag from Knight a few weeks ago.

I ordered on line, had excellent email communication and had my order delivered to KS in less than a week.

I thought the service was excellent.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
This is the best you can come up with??
:l mao:

Actually no, the best is you sending A ML to sabotloader because you didn't know how to shoot it/get it to shoot. He's not that familiar with Encores so you might as well send me your Prohunter and i will tweak it for you. No charge of course. Or spend more time learning instead of arguing and posting negative stuff you might learn something. It will take around 7 to 10 days so be patient.
:guin ess:: guiness::guine ss:
Old 10-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I remember waiting for the Ultimate Slam rifle to come out then all the sudden they go under, I was hoping this time might be different and it may in time if they get through the service problems they have.But there are other companys out there that have better service and good rifles. There are plenty of people who dont have the understanding to overcome tech problems thats why a good support line is good for the consumers.
You must have got lucky on the less than a week to your door!!
Maybe since the order was so small they shipped it fast!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered a 209 conversion for my LRH from the new Knight company. I had the conversion about 5 days later in hand. However I ordered the conversion about 6 weks before season. Sometimes we can't wait, and need things fast. But I know for sure that if I needed the product in a few days I would make 100% sure that the person taking the order would have known that before I hung up the phone??

I definitely would have told her how fast I needed the product. I would not have waited for "Murphy's Law". I would have been pro-active. And for a person in Customer Service I would assume you fully understand being pro-active??

I am just a dumb WV HillBilly but I would have known that??

As far as the gunsmith is concerned. I would assume his job is to repair firearms that are returned?? I am not sure how he would know about current scope mounting techniques? Actually it is a bit refreshing that the gunsmith did not lie to you and tell you what you wanted to hear.

Yes he was in error, he should have found out what your question was before he returned your call. Wait a minute. He returned your call?? WOW that is a first for most companies this day and age??

I am not trying to defend Knight. I do like Knight rifles. And I worked for Tony Knight at one point in my life. But I have absolutely nothing to do with their current status.

However I do think you are being a bit too critical on Knight here. Part of this is on you for waiting until the last minute. And not specifying your immediate need. And part of the blame is on Knight for being new at what they are doing. And being a Customer Service expert you should well know that. Tom.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I ordered a 209 conversion for my LRH from the new Knight company. I had the conversion about 5 days later in hand. However I ordered the conversion about 6 weks before season. Sometimes we can't wait, and need things fast. But I know for sure that if I needed the product in a few days I would make 100% sure that the person taking the order would have known that before I hung up the phone??

I definitely would have told her how fast I needed the product. I would not have waited for "Murphy's Law". I would have been pro-active. And for a person in Customer Service I would assume you fully understand being pro-active??

I am just a dumb WV HillBilly but I would have known that??

As far as the gunsmith is concerned. I would assume his job is to repair firearms that are returned?? I am not sure how he would know about current scope mounting techniques? Actually it is a bit refreshing that the gunsmith did not lie to you and tell you what you wanted to hear.

Yes he was in error, he should have found out what your question was before he returned your call. Wait a minute. He returned your call?? WOW that is a first for most companies this day and age??

I am not trying to defend Knight. I do like Knight rifles. And I worked for Tony Knight at one point in my life. But I have absolutely nothing to do with their current status.

However I do think you are being a bit too critical on Knight here. Part of this is on you for waiting until the last minute. And not specifying your immediate need. And part of the blame is on Knight for being new at what they are doing. And being a Customer Service expert you should well know that. Tom.
First I ordered online

Second they should have a up to date web site stating lead times

Third I called Knight and the lady that answered the phone said 7 to 10 days on all items I asked why there site wasnt stating that, she gave no answer and quickly got of the phone.

Fourth the gunsmith said he really wasnt sure about anything that they were doing!!!

And I dont put people out to do work that they are not able to or understand what they are doing!!!

Remember loose lips sinks ships

Semper FI
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing that would concern me is nobody knew who installed the scope mounts. Customer service and the gunsmith didn't know. Somebody should have known.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The only thing that would concern me is nobody knew who installed the scope mounts. Customer service and the gunsmith didn't know. Somebody should have known.
Gunsmith says to me I am not sure what we are doing...
I got to thinking might not even be a gunsmith might be a plastic maintance man
Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's hope it was a tech and not the girl who answered the phone!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Knight Service Rep:

We sell muzzle..... looow---ders?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

I keep hearing this little voice saying

Its Just a better Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.