Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Confirmed: lost my hunting spot >

Confirmed: lost my hunting spot

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Confirmed: lost my hunting spot

Old 10-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Nimrodder
Steve, your welcome here anytime. I have access to 600 acres in southern and central Indiana. No trespassing required.
Thanks buddy. I will check into it.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
For all of you lawyers and law officers out there, please show me where in the books it states the legal ramifications for hunting on private property without written permission and what law it is that is actually being broken, Never mind all you law officers, because you are not lawyers and probably know as much about the law as a child does. Never mind. just forget it. And me.
If you don't want to deal with the legal ramifications of being a flaming idiot, don't be a flaming idiot.

You posted that you regularly trespass onto private property. That is illegal.
Your states hunting regulations I guarantee will have a section about that. Maybe you should read them.
It is your responsibility as the hunter to know where you are allowed to hunt and where your not allowed to.
It is your DUTY to know the difference, not ours to point it out.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Colorado states that you have to have written permission from the land owner in order to hunt private property. Sometimes we accidentally walk onto private land, it happens but knowingly doing so and hunting game under the full knowledge of trespassing without permission is another story. Didn't read everything that went on, so i really cant comment any further.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted Public Land in several different States. And to be honest what I found is you get out of it what you put into it. There are some great opportunities on Public Land. But you need to use your NOGGIN, and your legs. Both need to be strong. And if both are strong then you should do great.

Find that place that other people are just not commited to get to. And you will find your solace. Yes it is more work. But look at it like this. You aren't paying the taxes. Tom.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

All i have ever hunted is public land. i was out today with my son and his friend scouting this new zone, which i have never hunted. this area is semi arid, scrub oak and juniper, steep canyons, bowls and long drainage fingers.my problem is deciding which part of this huge area i was in today i am going to hunt lol.the deer are scattered all through it and there is one constant water supply in one particular canyon, so i may just concentrate my efforts within a mile of this water. the only problem i may encounter is the bucks will be rutting and traveling all over looking for does.out west here a good pair of quality boots and glass are a must.a friend of mine took a nice young thick antlered 4 year old 3x4 mulie today in the zone across the highway. my zone doesn't start until the first Saturday in November, so i still have some time to scout some more.no 300-400 yard shots for me either, since i will be hunting with the Triumph instead of my trusty model 70. good luck with you public land hunting!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Spike

Pluckit you're a doucher, but in Virginia its a $2500 fine and/or 12 months in jail for posted property and not posted $500 fine people like you give good hunters a bad name, be a man and ask for permission.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
Thanks buddy. I will check into it.

Hey Omega,

otc tags are cheap and plentiful, if you ever make it this way. I also have access to about 800 acres near the illinois/indiana line, straight west of Indianapolis. Maybe you can make a vacation of it, hell Nim/Mike can come to, we can make a good go of it.

I have a house on 55acres in Vigo county as well. we could stay there and you would not have any lodging cost.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
For all of you lawyers and law officers out there, please show me where in the books it states the legal ramifications for hunting on private property without written permission and what law it is that is actually being broken, Never mind all you law officers, because you are not lawyers and probably know as much about the law as a child does. Never mind. just forget it. And me.
Please post your address and when you will be gone on vacation next time as as I have always wanted to visit your state, but don't want to pay for a hotel. As long as you aren't there and won't be using your house, I guess it would be OK for me to use it? Should I bring my own groceries?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Please post your address and when you will be gone on vacation next time as as I have always wanted to visit your state, but don't want to pay for a hotel. As long as you aren't there and won't be using your house, I guess it would be OK for me to use it? Should I bring my own groceries?
Why would he care about that if he is not using it? If there aren't any signs up saying STAY OUT! that means you are invited to stay for as long as you like. You should be able to help yourself to anything that is there, it should be ok if you don't get caught.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Shane sounds good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.