Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Confirmed: lost my hunting spot >

Confirmed: lost my hunting spot

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Confirmed: lost my hunting spot

Old 10-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

PLUCKIT, You might try knocking on doors and offer to work for access to privately owned land.sneaking in on privately owned land is just plain wrong and could potentially be harmful to your health. where i live a lot of public land access is blocked by private land.when i find places that are no longer lived in, i do county web searches and if the land is under county control for lack of taxes. i will access the public land via the county property.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

For decades an OK landowner could not prevent a person from "looking for my livestock". A frequent trespasser our property used the excuse: "Looking for my livestock, i have the gun because of the wild hogs". Then i found the guys cattle on our place early in bow season. i fixed the cut fence, chased the cattle into the county road and locked my gate. End of problem.

The law was changed this year: Got to have landowner permission to "look for my livestock".