HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: lost my hunting spot
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

All i have ever hunted is public land. i was out today with my son and his friend scouting this new zone, which i have never hunted. this area is semi arid, scrub oak and juniper, steep canyons, bowls and long drainage fingers.my problem is deciding which part of this huge area i was in today i am going to hunt lol.the deer are scattered all through it and there is one constant water supply in one particular canyon, so i may just concentrate my efforts within a mile of this water. the only problem i may encounter is the bucks will be rutting and traveling all over looking for does.out west here a good pair of quality boots and glass are a must.a friend of mine took a nice young thick antlered 4 year old 3x4 mulie today in the zone across the highway. my zone doesn't start until the first Saturday in November, so i still have some time to scout some more.no 300-400 yard shots for me either, since i will be hunting with the Triumph instead of my trusty model 70. good luck with you public land hunting!!