HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/351468-cva-accura-v2-vs-optima.html)

Kirch 10-13-2011 04:40 AM

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

what are the main differences between the CVA Accura V2 and the Optima. I thought it was just the barrel on the V2 being the Bergarra. However, I could have swore I saw something that stated the Optima came with a bergarra as well.

PS. I'm looking for something that had hold a group. I'm currently shooting a TC Encore Prohunter with belm TC trigger work and over sized hinge pin. I've tried everything from black horn to whitehots and every bullet under the sun. cleaning between shots etc. and this gun sucks!!

fusion 10-13-2011 06:29 AM

All CVA"s have Bergarra Barrels, the ones they label are only there premium models that go through additional processes in the factory.

chaded 10-13-2011 06:38 AM

You could always put a bergara barrel on your Pro Hunter. A couple people I know as well as myself have them on our Pro Hunters and there tack drivers.

Kirch 10-13-2011 06:52 AM

why should I have to put a bergarra barrel on my $800 TC to get it to shoot like a $400 CVA? I know many people that have dropped their Encores for the CVA and aren't looking back. only thing I like about the TC is the looks.

Omega45 10-13-2011 07:06 AM

I sent you a PM.

Bergara Encore barrels run $250.

chaded 10-13-2011 09:22 AM

Well I never said you HAD to do anything it was just a suggestion. I'm sorry you paid that much for your encore.

pluckit 10-13-2011 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=Kirch;3860609]why should I have to put a bergarra barrel on my $800 TC to get it to shoot like a $400 CVA?

Please forgive me, but, that is just plain hilarious!

oldsmellhound 10-13-2011 09:51 AM

Both the Accura and Optima have Bergara barrels and should shoot very well once you find the right load. They do handle differently, so I would recommend handling both of them and seeing which one fits you the best. Shouldering the 2, I really like the way the Accura feels more so than the Optima, but it really boils down to personal preference.

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with your Encore- I have 2 CVA's and 1 Knight, and all 3 of them shoot very accurately.

builder459 10-13-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kirch (Post 3860555)
what are the main differences between the CVA Accura V2 and the Optima. I thought it was just the barrel on the V2 being the Bergarra. However, I could have swore I saw something that stated the Optima came with a bergarra as well.

PS. I'm looking for something that had hold a group. I'm currently shooting a TC Encore Prohunter with belm TC trigger work and over sized hinge pin. I've tried everything from black horn to whitehots and every bullet under the sun. cleaning between shots etc. and this gun sucks!!

Please give us a little info on what bullets, powders,sabots and group sizes ETC, you have tried in that pro hunter. thanks

Kirch 10-13-2011 09:58 AM

pluckit,
glad you got a kick out of that comment..... i knew someone would.