Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Pro Hunter

Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

My encore with the flextech stock and the sims pad, with a max charge, kicks about like a 20ga. Very pleasant to shoot with 110gr. of Bh209. Even my 10 year old nephew will shoot it with a 110gr. load and says it isn't, that bad.
I think you will enjoy it!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking setup. I have a stainless Pro Hunter that I really like. I was very surprised in the decreased amount of felt recoil out of my TC. When I bought it I thought the stock was just a sales pitch, but it's made enough of a difference that I'm reconsidering the laminate stock I had all picked out for it and may just have the stock dipped.
Is the breech plug in the Encore barrels the same as that in the CVA barrels? Do they have problems igniting BH209 without mods or is it a different plug?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Nice looking setup. I have a stainless Pro Hunter that I really like. I was very surprised in the decreased amount of felt recoil out of my TC. When I bought it I thought the stock was just a sales pitch, but it's made enough of a difference that I'm reconsidering the laminate stock I had all picked out for it and may just have the stock dipped.
Is the breech plug in the Encore barrels the same as that in the CVA barrels? Do they have problems igniting BH209 without mods or is it a different plug?
The plugs are the same as cva. The factory plug i have has the flash channel opened up and i also have the new blackhorn209 plug that cva sells now.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotcha. I'm thinking I'll probably have to wait a year to get one, but I'm going to try to get one next year before hunting season and have it cut down to 20". It will be great for the woods.