Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
double bull blinds >

double bull blinds

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

double bull blinds

Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

doug,

you do not get any leakage from stitching.....are there none??? that is my biggest complaint with my other blinds
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

We have a couple confiscated blinds that we setup. I have never used one.

Do you guys mark your blinds with orange, up above them or anything?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
We have a couple confiscated blinds that we setup. I have never used one.

Do you guys mark your blinds with orange, up above them or anything?

Confiscated???

But, no i do not mark mine with orange.....I believe there will be a change in our state laws shortly, requiring us to do so... if i hunted any where near other hunters, I would now. but, i hunt private land with no other hunters except my dad, brother and this year my nephew. with great distances between us and we always now where each other, are at.....We are not the family in the video this morning, where the idiot has his son and ? hold cameras down range at the target and beyond.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
Confiscated???
We hunt private land in Kentucky, and patrol it for interlopers, which show up from time to time. We have also done stings or surveillance setups with Convervation Officers. Anything found on the property that a CO does not confiscate (vehicles and firearms) or we find on a routine patrol, we get.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
We hunt private land in Kentucky, and patrol it for interlopers, which show up from time to time. We have also done stings or surveillance setups with Convervation Officers. Anything found on the property that a CO does not confiscate (vehicles and firearms) or we find on a routine patrol, we get.
Sounds fair to me!!!! I have done the same, but, not had that problem for some years now..... I think the word got out......I have seen the property owner i hunt on drain radiators for people, take the valve stems out of all four tires, if he did not know the car...Still kinda of hard to stop the ones that have their buddy drop them off....couldn't tell you how many times back in the day that you woud see brake lights, a car door slam, and a flashlight head into the woods.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
doug,

you do not get any leakage from stitching.....are there none??? that is my biggest complaint with my other blinds
What happens is water will seep threw the stitching and then ride its way down the walls. When I said no leaks I meant that you do not have water dripping all over you. However, I have never gone hunting in a down pore.

Don't want to look for a deer when it is raining hard.

But a light rain that comes and goes has not been a problem.

Doug