Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New powder

Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Yes it is getting late and past my bed time!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Golly Gee Whiz!!!!

I can not believe how this thread has mushroomed in the 3 hours that I spent at my grand daughters softball practice and then the 2 1/2 drive home from Kennewick to Moscow.... It is like a soap opera on TV you don't dare miss or you will get to far behind to catch up.

I guess I will wait for the re-run it will come around again...

Did get to shoot this morning with Washatonian, that relieved a lot of this pressure - Dare I say we shot a Knight DISC Extreme with the Western conversion, shooting HPH-24 sabot 100 amd 110 grain loads of T7-3F with .452-300 grain Deep Curls, .452-250 grain Lehighs and .458-300 grain Lehighs. Steve even shoot a couple of 200 yd plus shots up the canyon with the Lehighs - he was impressed i think and this was only his second trip out with a ML. I forgot to mention we installed the new Tru-glo sights right there in the field on the Knight Master Hunter - those new Tru-glo they are offering for open sights... can not remeber what they are called.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Golly Gee Whiz!!!!

I can not believe how this thread has mushroomed in the 3 hours that I spent at my grand daughters softball practice and then the 2 1/2 drive home from Kennewick to Moscow.... It is like a soap opera on TV you don't dare miss or you will get to far behind to catch up.

I guess I will wait for the re-run it will come around again...

Did get to shoot this morning with Washatonian, that relieved a lot of this pressure - Dare I say we shot a Knight DISC Extreme with the Western conversion, shooting HPH-24 sabot 100 amd 110 grain loads of T7-3F with .452-300 grain Deep Curls, .452-250 grain Lehighs and .458-300 grain Lehighs. Steve even shoot a couple of 200 yd plus shots up the canyon with the Lehighs - he was impressed i think and this was only his second trip out with a ML. I forgot to mention we installed the new Tru-glo sights right there in the field on the Knight Master Hunter - those new Tru-glo they are offering for open sights... can not remeber what they are called.
Muzzle brie maybe, were they the standard or the set with the hooded front sight? Ray
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
Muzzle brie maybe, were they the standard or the set with the hooded front sight? Ray
really big hooded front with a type ghost ring on the rear... All plastic
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
really big hooded front with a type ghost ring on the rear... All plastic
Sorry typo earlier, it's a muzzle brite and a lot of folks in the pacific northwest use them and the reviews are excellent, since scopes are not allowed. MD uses them also and raves about them.Ray