Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Will There be more bolt actions ML's in the future? >

Will There be more bolt actions ML's in the future?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Will There be more bolt actions ML's in the future?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned

Highly doubt any companies will make new model bolt actions.

CVA for example has one and its mainly suited for the shooters who have to use #11 or musket caps. No one with a solid foot print in the muzzle loading world will go full swing with making a new bolt action.

Easy taken down, easier cleaning, hand removed breech plugs, thats what a big majority want. Not messy bolts.

Oh before i forget, You'll hear, ooooh break actions wear out and get loose!

I don't let that non sense slip past me.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

It is interesting that no one mentions safety as an issue. I always recommended Knights and TC to friends asking about getting into muzzleloading.

My standard line is that both are high quality products made in the USA. But I then make sure to explain the virtues of the additional safety on the Knights.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Dutch
It is interesting that no one mentions safety as an issue. I always recommended Knights and TC to friends asking about getting into muzzleloading.

My standard line is that both are high quality products made in the USA. But I then make sure to explain the virtues of the additional safety on the Knights.
I just went back and added this to one of my posts...

One other thing... I really dislike the motion and action of pulling a hammer back to shoot, at least with a Knight Vision you do not have to do that and you have a real safety...

I really do prefer a real safety vs. the hammer... and there are times the secondary safety is huge safety tool...
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sabotloader,

I agree; like pulling the rifle up into treestand after you have climbed up. It is kind of hard to "remove the cartridge from the rifle" before you do that! Although you can take the primer out of the gun.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

the best safety is an unloaded gun
Old 05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Highly doubt any companies will make new model bolt actions.

CVA for example has one and its mainly suited for the shooters who have to use #11 or musket caps. No one with a solid foot print in the muzzle loading world will go full swing with making a new bolt action.

Easy taken down, easier cleaning, hand removed breech plugs, thats what a big majority want. Not messy bolts.

Oh before i forget, You'll hear, ooooh break actions wear out and get loose!

I don't let that non sense slip past me.
Agreed and the proof is in the pudding. you have a awful lot of rounds through those CVA break action rifles and still maintain excellent accuracy. Ray
Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Ray, they shoot better with all those thousands of rounds through them then they did when new! Of course thats mostly getting experience with them and learning what they like LOL. Either way, ive found no wear on the pivot pins or anything.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

the best safety is an unloaded gun
You are right. It is interesting that the state of Michigan considers any ML unloaded if it is not primed. It means you can tranport the rifle in your car with without removing the powder and bullet. Being able to mechanically block the firing pin with the screw cap safety is a nice benefit when you transport the rifle.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Same here in Colorado. Primer "209 - #11 - musket" / priming pan powder"Flintlock" must be removed though.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ray, they shoot better with all those thousands of rounds through them then they did when new! Of course thats mostly getting experience with them and learning what they like LOL. Either way, ive found no wear on the pivot pins or anything.
Exactly and on a CVA no less! lol... Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.