Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My first time with the Lehigh conversion >

My first time with the Lehigh conversion

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My first time with the Lehigh conversion

Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to spend some time with the family tonight now that my son is home. Tomorrow I am going to mess with it some more. I will probably just fire primers because that is all that is necessary. It may have all been operator error on my part, Time will tell. I know this will work.
Art
Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Grouse45

Tom confirm for me... even though your barrel was threaded to deep to keep the action clean, you were still able to shoot? correct? It would not seat in your BP causeing it to be dirty, but I still thought it shot???

Am I wrong?
Yes, it did fire.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

From your description, there might be one other possibility... the hammer assembly may not be turned all the way in... it could be out one revolution or out one thread????
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out to the shop this morning and just fired primers. I closed the bolt gently, I closed the bolt hard. I tried 6 shots each with 3 different types of primers. The conversion worked flawlessly. As hard as I tried I could not get it to misfire. I don't know what happened yesterday, maybe my elite and the lehigh just had to get acquainted. All is well now.
Thanks for the help everybody, especially sabotloader.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what happened yesterday, maybe my elite and the lehigh just had to get acquainted
I know it sounds odd but they do kinda need to run through a few cycles before they like each other. Mine only took about 12 primer tests and a little cleaning and reassembly for everything to work perfect in two of mine. One was my fault for not getting the breach plug tight enough. The other was fine after a total cleaning and reassembly.

BTW use caution in a crush fit, It is possible for it to go off during the crush, I haven't seen it often in a DISC but in a SAVAGE it is semi common if its too tight after a head spacing mod. My Extreme had a loose trigger assembly and it caused a few issues one day but its fine now.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-11-2011 at 05:46 AM.