Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles does it first. >

Knight Rifles does it first.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles does it first.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
Grouse,
I got a few muzzleloaders in the safe. Your whole point IMO starting this thread was the try to say Knight and Lehigh are the best. I see your feathers are ruffled. I will post no more to your threads as you already have shown me enough. You find fault in every muzzleloader out there except Knights and praise a muzzleloader that you yourself has not shot, the Mountaineer. My age.......let's just say I have 7yrs till retirement.

I also have clues as to what I am talking about. I speak from products I have used. I shoot as much as I possibly can. I have shot Lehigh 185gr DOA bullets. I know they will shoot. I have also shot 195gr Barnes MZ's and they will shoot too.

GM54-120,
I do love my Green Mtn 54-120 Limited Edition Brush Gun. And yeah I know its basically a Knight!
Sorry for the kid thing. Sent ya a PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
.......................Everything that i have wrote on this thread is my opinions and mine only...............
That is very evident. It is obvious you have never actually worked with stainless steel.

Thank you for the laugh. You show your ignorance when you say these stainless screw i drill are 'soft'. They are far from soft. They are hard to drill. I have broken many drills, making these ventliner.

I am proud to say that i don't push people to use certain products. What i have done when making and modifying breech plugs, is help people that are having problems with what they have. I would do it for free, but i don't have enough time in my life, so i charge a pittance, so i don't have too many to do.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

l..............The problem would be if it erroded and the powder went down into the breech plug. What are the chances of that????? ..........................
My guess is....................zero.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think you are correct. The problem would be if it erroded and the powder went down into the breech plug. What are the chances of that????? I just dont like taking chances. I think Doc White even shoots smokeless in some of his guns. I would think he is doing things the right way.
If the hole erroded, which I suspect they all do over time, then I would put a new ventliner in. That is what is nice about being able to replace them. In fact that is why I started using them, because the hold had erroded in the white plug.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the flash hole erodes in my Omega BP. (doubtful) TC gives me a new one. You can't get easier or cheaper than that.

Next?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If the flash hole erodes in my Omega BP. (doubtful) TC gives me a new one. You can't get easier or cheaper than that.

Next?
Nope they do not... been their on that one already. That is considered normal wear and tear. If something breaks they will replace it, but if it is routine use or wear that is not covered. Workmanship is...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty persuasive, but no matter. I can't wear it out just hunting.

As a sidenote. Anybody have a problem with the ramrod popping off the lock when fired on the Omega?

I've tried adjusting the setscrew everywhere, and TC even sent me a new setscrew and ramrod, but it still pops off.

TC says to send the gun back, and they'd probably send me a new gun, but this one is too accurate with Thors to let go.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm pretty persuasive, but no matter. I can't wear it out just hunting.
Man, that is the truth...

As a sidenote. Anybody have a problem with the ramrod popping off the lock when fired on the Omega?
I am not really understanding this question??? What lock? When I shoot my Omega the recoil often drives the ram rod forward a bit. The front lug screw can be screwed down to the point that it contacts the detent in the rod, but if you go to far it will lock the rod in place and you will not get it out or in depending on ehere the rod is. It is mostly a friction fit.

Another thing for you to think about... as you apply pressure to the ram rod with the lug screw you are also applying an external pressure to the bottom of the barrel, this pressure will in effect serve to change the harmonic of the barrel somewhat. Might not make a bit of difference but then again it could...

I've tried adjusting the setscrew everywhere, and TC even sent me a new setscrew and ramrod, but it still pops off.

TC says to send the gun back, and they'd probably send me a new gun, but this one is too accurate with Thors to let go.
If you want to use the front lug screw as friction device to hold the rod you can always get to the hardware store get a longer screw then cut and file it to the length you need for a tighter friction fit.

Last edited by sabotloader; 04-06-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's an adjusting screw in the lug by the breech. The rod snaps into it. If it pops out of it the rod can slide out. I dropped it in the snow a couple of times and had to go back and find it.

If I can remember, i'll snap it back in after firing the gun, but sometimes I forget.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

There's an adjusting screw in the lug by the breech. The rod snaps into it. If it pops out of it the rod can slide out. I dropped it in the snow a couple of times and had to go back and find it.

If I can remember, i'll snap it back in after firing the gun, but sometimes I forget.
I seeth what you are talking about... never even knew that was there.

I can adjust mine with a 3/32" allen wrench to what ever depth i want. In fact I can screw mine in deep enough that it almost falls out. Is yours bottoming out on something?

If it is again you could go to the hardware store pick up a longer set screw and install it. Use a bit of blue lock tite or BP grease to hold it in place after you get it set to the depth you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.