HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Rifles does it first.
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm pretty persuasive, but no matter. I can't wear it out just hunting.
Man, that is the truth...

As a sidenote. Anybody have a problem with the ramrod popping off the lock when fired on the Omega?
I am not really understanding this question??? What lock? When I shoot my Omega the recoil often drives the ram rod forward a bit. The front lug screw can be screwed down to the point that it contacts the detent in the rod, but if you go to far it will lock the rod in place and you will not get it out or in depending on ehere the rod is. It is mostly a friction fit.

Another thing for you to think about... as you apply pressure to the ram rod with the lug screw you are also applying an external pressure to the bottom of the barrel, this pressure will in effect serve to change the harmonic of the barrel somewhat. Might not make a bit of difference but then again it could...

I've tried adjusting the setscrew everywhere, and TC even sent me a new setscrew and ramrod, but it still pops off.

TC says to send the gun back, and they'd probably send me a new gun, but this one is too accurate with Thors to let go.
If you want to use the front lug screw as friction device to hold the rod you can always get to the hardware store get a longer screw then cut and file it to the length you need for a tighter friction fit.

Last edited by sabotloader; 04-06-2011 at 07:57 AM.