Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
JSG Super Powder Tested >

JSG Super Powder Tested

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

JSG Super Powder Tested

Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

When i try mine in the Elite 45, i will use WinT7s and swab like it was T7 with the Windex mix. I might as well because then i can see if the T7 crud ring is any better in mine now too.

Its never had anything but BH209 yet.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friend will be here to hog hunt in about a week. He is bringing me a pound of Super Powder. i'll give it a good workout. It's most likely Pinnacle and i know how to use Pinnacle.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sqezer
omaga, did your super powder have a lot of white stuff stuck to the granulates????
There are speckles of white on some granulars. GM54-120 did not notice any speckles of white in his jug.

GM54-120: I used Foicchi primers because from the test I seen done with them they are suppose to be mild primers very suitable for igniting T7. Good luck with the WinT7's.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

I fired a few more shots of JSG Super Powder today at 100yds even though its still raining. First let me tell everyone that I got 10hrs of sleep last night, woke up and ate some breakfast, showered and brushed my teeth. Yeah that was for you FG.

I started off by firing 6 Lehigh 185gr DOA's in a Harvester smooth sabot (picture in another post) with 100gr BH209. These shot well as I shot 2 groups with them and both looked similar. Shooting was done off a front Bulls Bag rest and rear Caldwell rest. I cleaned the bore and snapped a primer in an attempt to shoot JSG Super as one would shoot T7. Target shows 1st shot hitting bullseye to the right. I then swabbed the bore with a lightly damp patch of Rusty Duck Black Off and followed by a dry patch. 2nd shot hit far left. Bore swabbed as before and 3rd shot fired, impact in the middle a shade high. This was with 90gr of JSG Super and Win209 primers. This ends my testing of this new JSG Super S%&T Powder. I pay good money for premium bullets and no more will be wasted with said powder.

Here is the Super Target!

3 shots with 100gr BH209 and 185 DOA. CCI209M

4 shots with 100gr BH209 and PR 215 QT. CCI209M
Old 04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nuff said.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

up your charge, change bullet weight.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I asked today at a Sporting Goods store (since the carry APP) if they had or were getting any Super Powder. The owner shook his head no. He then told me that Pyrodex RS was their big seller, then Triple Seven. I never asked him how the APP sold.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Omega45
I fired a few more shots of JSG Super Powder today at 100yds even though its still raining. First let me tell everyone that I got 10hrs of sleep last night, woke up and ate some breakfast, showered and brushed my teeth. Yeah that was for you FG.

I started off by firing 6 Lehigh 185gr DOA's in a Harvester smooth sabot (picture in another post) with 100gr BH209. These shot well as I shot 2 groups with them and both looked similar. Shooting was done off a front Bulls Bag rest and rear Caldwell rest. I cleaned the bore and snapped a primer in an attempt to shoot JSG Super as one would shoot T7. Target shows 1st shot hitting bullseye to the right. I then swabbed the bore with a lightly damp patch of Rusty Duck Black Off and followed by a dry patch. 2nd shot hit far left. Bore swabbed as before and 3rd shot fired, impact in the middle a shade high. This was with 90gr of JSG Super and Win209 primers. This ends my testing of this new JSG Super S%&T Powder. I pay good money for premium bullets and no more will be wasted with said powder.

Here is the Super Target!

3 shots with 100gr BH209 and 185 DOA. CCI209M

4 shots with 100gr BH209 and PR 215 QT. CCI209M
Man I can't believe you give up so easy. I'm gonna help you out with some advice I learned from one of the Weasel's videos. Pay close attention and learn something here.
First off when shooting JSG or othe APP powder there is a learning curve. If you use the following steps exactly, I guarantee you will have perfect groups.
1. Carefully measure powder
2. Never lube the bore, make sure it is clean and dry
3. seat the bullet very firmly, compressing it with at least 30lbs pressure.
4. Use federal primers
5. This is the most important one. Listen up .

6. Take one shot groups. I guarantee they will all be perfect.

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 04-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
.......................................Take one shot groups. I guarantee they will all be perfect.
You would have saved me a lot of grief, had you shared your infinite knowledge with the forum earlier in my life.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Chetmarks,

I will stick to BH209 as I can shoot that rested or not. If I were to have stopped after shot 1 today it would have been a helava nice group with JSG Super. Some who just fire one and done would have said "wow" this is good stuff. I did not test the powder to prove it sucked, I actually had high expectations. Others may shoot it in a .50 cal muzzleloader and get better results. I have an almost full jug though if someone that lives in the area wants it......hint hint Pluckit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.