Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New APP - Super Powder >

New APP - Super Powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New APP - Super Powder

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New APP - Super Powder

On a couple other ML sites this new powder is getting a lot of discussion, since no-one has brought it here yet, thought I would start the discussion...

Check this link.... And make note of the velocities...

http://americanpioneerpowder.com/Jim...owderForm.html

APP suggests, 100 grains max and a max bullet weight of 250 grains.... that in itself makes a suggestion to me - what do you guys think...

Remember those velocities....

On their web site the old 2f APP is listed with a 120 grains and a 240 grain bullet getting a velocity of 1905. With the new powder they are suggesting close to 2000fps with 100 grain and a 250 grain bullet....

That is real close to what I am getting with 110 grains of BH - problem is how inflated are their numbers.... and on the other hand it is far better than any other APP that I have ever shot.

Last edited by sabotloader; 03-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

SABOTLOADER, i have been looking at this powder for some time now, i even asked MD about it several times. seems interesting if nothing else. i have read everything i can find on it. i have never seen anything suggesting the"max" load of super powder is 100 gr. they do list some .240 and .250 bullets and velocities created with a 100 gr charge.i also have found several places that sell it online and it seems it only is available in 2f form and no 3f like the old APP and shockey gold..the prices i have seen online are actually very reasonable. if it wasn't for hazmat costs, i would have tried it myself already. Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Wonder if it will go off with a #11 cap?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one place that carries it http://store.prairiearms.com/store/p...-Super-Powder/ less than $20.00 a lb.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
SABOTLOADER, i have been looking at this powder for some time now, i even asked MD about it several times. seems interesting if nothing else. i have read everything i can find on it. i have never seen anything suggesting the"max" load of super powder is 100 gr. they do list some .240 and .250 bullets and velocities created with a 100 gr charge.i also have found several places that sell it online and it seems it only is available in 2f form and no 3f like the old APP and shockey gold..the prices i have seen online are actually very reasonable. if it wasn't for hazmat costs, i would have tried it myself already. Ray
It is on the bottle...

Another interesting suggestion by APP - It is for inlines and BP cartrides only....
Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Other than that one page at the link, you can't find anything else about it on the site. It doesn't show up on their Products page. Where did you find that picture of the jug?

Last edited by Semisane; 03-18-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
Other than that one page at the link, you can't find anything else about it on the site. It doesn't show up on their Products page. Where did you find that picture of the jug?
i did not find the pic... SJAdventures did

Midway

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=335291

You will have to magnify the picture....
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
i did not find the pic... SJAdventures did

Midway

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=335291

You will have to magnify the picture....
Really strange, why in the heck don't they mention the 100 gr max or the .250 max bullet weight on there site ? first i ever seen a close up of the bottle. seems very strange to me. Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
Really strange, why in the heck don't they mention the 100 gr max or the .250 max bullet weight on there site ? first i ever seen a close up of the bottle. seems very strange to me. Ray
I did call my local app vendor and told him to get me a bottle... he check his supplier and it is not on their site yet but he will call them Monday...

But with those velocities and $25 for 1lb bottle - I do want to try some.... that $25 dollar amount will be come $20 at Wal Mart type places....

I can not imagine I really want to try some APP - but I git a real feeling it might be different....
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can not imagine I really want to try some APP - but I git a real feeling it might be different....
It is weird, isn't it Sabotloader. Even I am willing to give it a go if I can locate some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.