Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New APP - Super Powder >

New APP - Super Powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New APP - Super Powder

Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I did call my local app vendor and told him to get me a bottle... he check his supplier and it is not on their site yet but he will call them Monday...

But with those velocities and $25 for 1lb bottle - I do want to try some.... that $25 dollar amount will be come $20 at Wal Mart type places....

I can not imagine I really want to try some APP - but I git a real feeling it might be different....
Mike that link i posted the price was $19 and change lol. look closely at the picture you posted. states water clean up.guess we can rule out any nitro cellulose in it like BH 209.maybe they super charged the original formula>>on a side note those conical samples came in. the .503 BS and the NE .460 gr look exactly alike, only exception being the BS seems to have a bit larger base.. thanks Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
It is weird, isn't it Sabotloader. Even I am willing to give it a go if I can locate some.
We are cetified nuts now for sure - but WHAT IF?????
Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
It is weird, isn't it Sabotloader. Even I am willing to give it a go if I can locate some.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEMI,not you to lol! Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
Mike that link i posted the price was $19 and change lol. look closely at the picture you posted. states water clean up.guess we can rule out any nitro cellulose in it like BH 209.maybe they super charged the original formula>>on a side note those conical samples came in. the .503 BS and the NE .460 gr look exactly alike, only exception being the BS seems to have a bit larger base.. thanks Ray
For me the .503 BullShops are tighter going down than the .503 NoExcuse...

Remember Dan labels this bullet a 460gr. MTNEx... for Mountain Mould NEx for the design... Dan calls his bullets No Excuse - bet you his mold is a Mountain Mould also... The real difference is the lube... I THINK Dan's Bull Shop NASA lube is a better lube... just a personal thing....
Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
For me the .503 BullShops are tighter going down than the .503 NoExcuse...

Remember Dan labels this bullet a 460gr. MTNEx... for Mountain Mould NEx for the design... Dan calls his bullets No Excuse - bet you his mold is a Mountain Mould also... The real difference is the lube... I THINK Dan's Bull Shop NASA lube is a better lube... just a personal thing....
Yes the BS .503 does look like it would go down a little tighter.the lube on the BS's looks almost identical to the lube on my .460 NE's that i have had for about a year.i will try the .503 BS tomorrow and see how they fit..i think your right about the molds being the same also.Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does it still look like kitty litter?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I do not think we know yet... That is why a couple of are trying to get some....
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

I shot JSG 3f today and it was a very finely ground powder. If someone has a bottle of JSG 2f maybe they can pour some in the cap to give an idea of what its texture is. I already know APP 2f is course like kitty litter but maybe Shockeys Gold 2f is ground better which may give an indication of the Super Powders texture.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Seems i read the size of the SP was somewhere between the original APP 2f and the 3f..can you say meowwwwwwww! Ray
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
I shot JSG 3f today and it was a very finely ground powder. If someone has a bottle of JSG 2f maybe they can pour some in the cap to give an idea of what its texture is. I already know APP 2f is course like kitty litter but maybe Shockeys Gold 2f is ground better which may give an indication of the Super Powders texture.
what did you think of the 3F? Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.