Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

just got omega

Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

I have never cut a QLA off. I prefer saboted bullets over Powerbelts. I was given some of the Aerolites to test and just happened to be shooting the Omega that day. I know not to use them in that gun. I have a Encore Bergara barrel to run them through.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a bunch of nice guys at Harvester. I just had a long conversation with them. They answered any questions I had plus some I didn't have but should have had.

They're going to send me a large sample of a lot of bullets and sabots to try. I'm thinking the PT gold with crush rib is going to be the sweet spot, but we'll see how it goes.

I can't believe how helpful and generous they are. Nice company to deal with.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
What a bunch of nice guys at Harvester. I just had a long conversation with them. They answered any questions I had plus some I didn't have but should have had.

They're going to send me a large sample of a lot of bullets and sabots to try. I'm thinking the PT gold with crush rib is going to be the sweet spot, but we'll see how it goes.

I can't believe how helpful and generous they are. Nice company to deal with.
I did a lot of reading up on there PT golds and the 300 gr is the one i would use. the BC is outstanding on that bullet.i am still experimenting with the gold dot/deep curl 300 gr bullets. if i do not get the desired results, i thought about trying the PT gold 300 gr.although i will probably go back to the Barnes TEZ in the 295 gr flavor, instead of the 250 gr..that 300 gr PT is a excellent long range bullet and carries a lot of energy with it.. Ray