Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles new lineup is online >

Knight Rifles new lineup is online

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles new lineup is online

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Knight Rifles new lineup is online

http://www.knightrifles.com/

nothing really new-same old rifles...

Last edited by rdpettit; 01-18-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe not, but $50 for an Extreme is a pretty good deal.

Must be a typo.

Edit - my bad. $50 is just your preorder fee.

Last edited by hubby11; 01-18-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

they are really pushing the .52, you can get it in everything now...they don't really seem to be too competitively priced either. They didn't really change anything that caused the company problems, I mean the bighorn is a what, 25 year old design, and people don't want proprietary calibers and primer holders. Still I'm tempted to order a SS/Lam disc extreme.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

with that design the rifle is too long with a 26-27 inch barrel. Save a couple hundred dollars if you want one of these and order else where over the summer.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I for one am a little disappointed. It seems to me if that gun lineup didn't work for Knight a couple years ago, it's certainly not going to work now. And they seem to be asking more for them. I was hoping they would at least bring back the KP1. Oh well. Looks like I will probably end up with a Pro Hunter this spring instead.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is disappointing. Some of us don't really care to give up space that could be used for a longer barrel to an elongated bolt action. I was holding back on buying this years gun in hopes that Knight would come out with an improver break open or drop block action.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully there will be more to come, I was hoping for a fast twist rifle. I think the biggest obstacle to Knight's comeback is being able to extablish a dealer network. I hope they will be able to accomplish this, I think the timing for a Knight comeback is right with the rumblings we are hearing about the customer service departments of their competitors.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

No break open or drop action rifles as LEE mentioned.still using plastic 209 jackets.and obviously still no attempt to make a breech plug capable of reliably igniting all BP sub powders, including BH 209. as i have said in the past, with the GMB barrels and the best "synthetic stocks"of any BP rifle company they "had" a good recipe for making some quality products.knight misses the mark again,and it's extremely disappointing. Ray..
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

The Mountaineer model has 209 Bare Primer ignition
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

That Mountaineer is an interesting rifle. It looks like a fluted bolt with the Lehigh adapter added. Which would make it a very clean rifle to shoot.

As for the fact of the bolt. I'd rather have a bolt gun then a drop action anytime. Bolt guns are not that hard to clean. They have a strong action. It gives you a once piece stock so the rifle harmonics should be better. I just don't see it a problem.

As for their price, any time you purchase factory direct the prices are high. Wait a while for them to hit the stores and they will come down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.