Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing >

T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing

Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing

I realized there are some inevitable problems associated with a buy out and move, but this is rediculous. Finally called them today after two emails went unanswered (back to November). I was told if I sent my Omega in for evaluation it would be 2 to 3 months before they even looked at it.

Gonna lose some customers over this deal. One of the reasons they have been able to stay afloat is their good customer service. Not happening currently.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

That kind of turn around time and attitude does a lot of damage for a company. People that might have been considering a T/C could well pick a different brand simply based on that. While most rifles do not need service, when they do, a person expects them to be handled and returned in a timely manner. That is not a timely manner.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I'm still waiting for them to fix my Renegade barrel. They replaced the breech plug and its waiting to get re blued. SO I dont know when I'm going to get it back. I just hope they finishes it before the move and send it out. Hate it to get "lost" in the move.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

They told me to send the gun to NH, so I guess they are already out of the old area.

BTW, I meant to wright hickey, not hikey.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

i called them and sent an email mid December, still haven't heard from them. Need to get my Omega fixed, that's why I bought my Traditions.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would seem to me if Knight were smart they would wait a month or so until about the time people are getting really upset and annoyed with TC and then unveil their new rifles.

Or they could just do it now so I wouldn't have to wait any longer.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I am saying this as I have been a bigtime T/C supporter/owner. I own many T/C ML's, flintlocks, percussion sidelocks, and inlines. I have always liked T/C quality, and when needed customer service,- second to none. But this move is not good. Many companies move to New Hampshire from Massachusetts (Taxachusetts), not from New Hampshire to Massachusetts. Why take a proven product, workforce, and business, and turn everything upside down. I think we all know. The bottom line. Unfortunately, quality, and customer service will suffer from this.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

well i'm sure customer service will not be as good during a move of a whole factory,but we all should have a little patience while they move and not be so quick to write them off.just an opinion..........karl
Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a quality gun and want to pay a bunch of money for it Thompson Center will be there to sell it to you. I'll bet you on that. And I think they base a lot of their buisness on their customer service, I don't think that will change either.

Last edited by pluckit; 01-14-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

T/C CS sure isnt what it used to be....or at least ive seen far more complaints in the last couple years. I wish i could say im optimistic it will get better after the move is finished but....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.