Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing >

T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C gonna take a hikey with this move thing

Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Spike

Had to send my new Impact back because of a loose barrel. I tried calling on and off all day and finally got to talk to someone at 6 pm that evening.
Told me to send the gun back and expect at least 10 weeks.
I should have bought the CVA Wolf.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kb1
well i'm sure customer service will not be as good during a move of a whole factory,but we all should have a little patience while they move and not be so quick to write them off.just an opinion..........karl
I have been one of the most vocal supporters of T/C service, and I give them a little slack for a big move, but a 3 month turn around............that is inexcusable. Concerned this may be a prelude of what is to come.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Lets all just face it. Change happens, good or bad. When you look at the history of gun manufactures they have the ups and downs. Look at Remington; they use to be a quality gun maker, now they produce plastic toys. Savage was on the brink of non existent and now they are a big player in gun world. I could go on and on. I'm afraid that TC might be on the down side. But if history says anything, TC will eventually make a comeback. We as customers just move on and support the quality gun makers and their great customer service.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with cutting T/C some slack while they make the move. However I'm a little p.o.' ed that they haven't answered my email from a month ago.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

this is unfortunate to hear. I have two tc's now. The one is a newer model, a bone collector I bought only because everyone always told me how great tc was from quality right down to customer service. This is bad news to hear. Guess I will have to hope for no problems and reconsider perhaps my next purchase to a different brand of gun. One customer to a company like TC matters little, but if there is an issue, and lots of customers begin to switch and buy CVA or Traditions or Knight, well, then, that is when you start to see a change in company policy. For now, perhaps some are right and it is just the move, though I can't see why moving would now put you out 3 months to get a gun back....seems they didn't give much thought to certain customer service aspects before the move. Hopefully you see your gun sooner and TC gets their customer service back once they are settled in.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like others I'm sad to hear this. I've been considering picking up a new muzzle loader for next season and really a T/C is what I was strongly considering. I've looked at CVA's and Walmart actually had one like I wanted on clearance, but I just can't get myself to buy it. The story of the barrels blowing up on people on CVA's from years ago still sticks in my head. I'm sure if that ever did happen the issue was fixed a long time ago and it's not something I'd have to worry about, but I keep asking myself why I'd buy from a company that would put out a inferior product like that in the first place. That's what stopped me from buying a CVA. I'm also not sure I want a Traditions. I had a Genesis which was made by Traditions and I just wasn't thrilled with the quality of it. That kind of turned me off from Traditions although I'm sure they probably make some decent stuff.

Then T/C on the other hand has always had great service up until lately and put out great products. It seems you pay a premium for them, but you know you are getting something great, and not something from a company that put out inferior products in the past causing people to get hurt. That makes me feel a lot better about it. Plus to be honest, the Black Diamond was one of my favorite muzzle loaders I've ever handled.

Knight is another consideration, so I'm waiting to see what they release in their new lineup. I hope it doesn't take the disks, or use one of those safeties you have to unscrew to shoot. That's the only two reasons I didn't like the older Knights.