Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Winchester APEX release date? >

Winchester APEX release date?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Winchester APEX release date?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester APEX release date?

It' s getting to be that time of year again where I' m getting the proverbial " itch" . I' ve recently discovered that Winchester is releasing a new muzzleloader called the APEX, but they don' t give a lot of specific info about it on their website. I checked around at all the local dealers and they tell me the gun hasn' t been released yet, and they don' t know when the company will be releasing them.

I was wondering if anyone here has any more specific information about the likely release of this new rifle? I' ve been looking at getting an Omega, but now I want to compare the Winchester APEX before I commit to the Omega.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester APEX release date?

I did not click on every single Apex model, but I did click-on (1).... blu/blk 50 cal and it' s in stock at Cabelas.com.

However, for $80 more, I would feel safer with an Omega in front of my face. Omegas are made with the same breechplug and metals as the Encore... which falls under much more stricter barrel proofing laws (SAMMI) because of it' s centerfire barrel options.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ex&rid=&cmCat=