Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
duplex loads with bh209 >

duplex loads with bh209

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

duplex loads with bh209

Old 09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by josh...just josh
both a cva accura and a knight disc with the non primer jacket plug, it just isn't reliable enough to use hunting
#65 drill bit will do the trick. Along with cci209m primers. Regular cci's do good too, i just like some extra heat in cold weather.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The answer is no. Drill out your plugs and put vent-liners in them. Or just quit using BH209 and shoot your 777.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The answer is no. Drill out your plugs and put vent-liners in them. Or just quit using BH209 and shoot your 777.
I have been just shooting my 777, I was just bench racing I guess
Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

josh...just josh

BH should fire just fine from a stock Knight DISC, either the FPJ or the NFPJ... that does not mean it always will though.

I have used the FPJ with BH and not found a problem. Other report NFPJ working also.

One thing that may be causing your problem is the the 'flash channel' may be forming a load of carbon in it. Have you used a drill bit turned by hand to clean the channel. You need to clean it back to bare metal.

Here is a picture of the gagets that I built to do the job...

Another solution is to open the 'flash channel' on your current plug and install a vent liner. Not a very difficult project at all. If you you do not want to attempt it I can do it for you or ronlaughlin can do it - just send him a PM he really like doing the project. Ron can also do your CVA plug - he has done a lot of them.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ld-accura.html

For the Knight probably the best thing would be to order a Lehigh breech plug conversion system for your Knight DISC - it works very well for any powder.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=josh...just josh;3692330 hang fires make my blood pressure rise to far, and I would love to burn it up. Can anyone give me a good reason not to pour 10 grains of 777 and then 90 of bh209 down my barrel?[/quote]
Why not give Goex Black Powder a try? You will not have these problems.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Landngroove

Can anyone give me a good reason not to pour 10 grains of 777 and then 90 of bh209 down my barrel
I really do not know that there is a good reason... other than it defeats the purpose of BH, increases your time prepping a load, loading and possibly cleaning - swabbing...

You will not have the problems if you modify the breech plug either, in fact the breech plug will work with cooler primers and be more efficient....
Old 09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Spike

Default Duplex

I would listen to ronlaughlin and Gm54-120,they are very knowledgeble folks. I have in fact tried 5gr under 100 gr in my Omega w/instant ignition.The ONLY reason I tried this was to see how a SR primer would work w/BH. It sounds like you may have a breech plug issue as there are alot of people using BH with very good results even in cold weather. I've been using CCI 209M and Rem. SST primers. Have you cleaned the crust out of the flash channel.