Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2? >

TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?

Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?

I was all set to get a Triumph this coming week but just saw the CVA Accura V2 online. I've owned a Rem 700 and a TC Encore so far but have never even looked at the CVA's before. I guess I always thought they were cheapo's. But looking online this new gun looks like it has all the right features.

I'm planning on seeing it in person tomorrow to get the "Feel" of each.

But I see the CVA add's the Hammer spur, Thumbhole, fluted & stainless barrel that the TC does not come with.

I tried to do some searching online and on here but no reviews.
Anyone have anything to say about these guns side by side?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

We have the V2 plain jane with the soft touch black stock and the SS barrel. 2" groups today with it at 100 yards with open sights and my brother behind the wheel.

They dont have it listed on the site but the V2 has a user adjustable trigger.

Handle them both and figure out which you like the best. The V2 has the Bergara barrel as well

Just back it out all of the way for the lightest trigger pull.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

I know the triumph is better than the Omega, but I have owned and loved my Omega for 3 years. It has kept my freezer full....but I bought the old Accura from cabelas over the winter (stainless/ realtree for $329) and absolutely love it. Shoulders much nicer and is remarkably accurate out of the box. I don't shoot that often so I shoot 777 pellets. 3 30 grns and a 245 xtp is silly accurate at 100 yards in the accura. I think CVA has really upped their game recently. I'm sure the V2 is even better. The trigger on my accura is noticeably better than the omega. Good luck
Old 07-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

As much as CVA had problems in the past, they have greatly improved over the years, but I love my Triumph
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm still struggling with this choice.

CVA - Full Stainless Bergara barrell, EZ removable fully threaded breech plug, Hammer spur, crisper trigger, thumbhole stock, fluted barrel, no crazy relocking mechanizm when shutting the barrel.

Everything tells me to go for the CVA except for the 1/2 lb of extra weight and the CVA name and reputation.

Why can there never be a gun that has it ALL?

Last edited by 95Harley; 07-27-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

shoots full bore conicals with ease, comfortable with open sights.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

95Harley

Personally and for myself only.... I would not get either of those two guns... I do currently have a Triumph (plane jane model)

My first choice would be, if it is something you need to do immediately, I would get a SS Omega. I think it is a better life time gun... I also have a SS Omega that is really a good gun.

But, what I would really do if you have the time to wait... is wait for the new offereing(s) from Knight. They are going to be worth the wait.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Triumph and an original accura - still have the Triumph.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
I had a Triumph and an original accura - still have the Triumph.
Care to elaborate? Interested in what things influenced your decesion to go with one or the other.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 14 muzzle loaders besides the Triumph and have had many others, the Triumph is the most accurate with the widest range of loads. If I could only keep one it would be the Triumph; but I do wish that they would make a SS version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.