Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2? >

TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 95Harley
OK, I guess I've decided!

I just got back from a lunchtime break at Bass Pro Shop, they just got in 1 (and ONLY 1) CVA Accura 2 Stainless with a Camo thumbhole stock in stock.

I held the TC Triumph side by side with the CVA Accura V2 and here is my opinions:
  1. CVA has a full stainless barrell (BIG WIN)
  2. CVA has a hammer spur extender, helps during late season
  3. HATE the TC re-locking mechanizm to close the barrel, while the CVA opens and closes just like my TC Encore
  4. CVA holds better for me as the forearm is thinner and not as wide along the base as the Triumph
  5. CVA has a crisper and I believe lighter trigger
  6. And I plan on using it to hunt Elk in CO (open sights) and the CVA throws up better than the Triumph. You can tell the TC was designed to use a scope.
  7. I was also afraid the CVA weighed a lot more than the Triumph but honestly I could feel no difference in the 2.
So even though I have a TC Encore 209x45 and .22-250 in the safe it is a NEW CVA for me.

Now I'll take it to the range and HOPE I don't have any regrets, but for now I'm sold on this new gun.

For all the TC fans out there, don't mis read a thing. My 209x45 and 22-250 Encore are tack drivers and will not be leaving my safe anytime soon. (See attached 100yd 109x45 and 200yd .22-250 targets for proof)

But these two guns side by side I say the CVA Accura V2 beats the TC Triumph, but the range will tell the tale.

Stay tuned.
Could'nt have said it better, good choice, enjoy!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 95Harley
Care to elaborate? Interested in what things influenced your decesion to go with one or the other.
I owned and shot both - the real test. I have a bunch of Whites I shoot conicals with #11 caps. I wanted a rifle that shot BH209 with sabots reliably and accurately - the Triumph did this - the accura did not for me. And if they both had proformed equally, the Triumph would have won for asthetics and feel - again for me.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Took a quick picture tonight of my new .50 cal CVA. No wonder I liked it so much.

Look at this thing compared to my .45 cal Encore. Striking comparison...now I hope it shoots as good as my old .45.
Attached Thumbnails TC Triumph vs CVA Accura V2?-p1040376.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 04:20 AM
Spike

if you do not like the way your scope is mounted on the cva. there is a one piece base by durasight that will fit, I have one for my cva.

go to cva .com and click in the store section to find

http://store.cva.com/cva/z2-alloy-pr...se-silver.html
Old 07-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sagebrush1
if you do not like the way your scope is mounted on the cva. there is a one piece base by durasight that will fit, I have one for my cva.

go to cva .com and click in the store section to find

http://store.cva.com/cva/z2-alloy-pr...se-silver.html
I wanted one of these, but they didn't make it in APG. Maybe when they increase their line I'll replace.

http://store.cva.com/cva/z2-alloy-pr...il-system.html

Last edited by 95Harley; 07-31-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you NEVER, EVER plan on shooting conicals, go with the Triumph.

If conicals might be in the future, go with the Accura. T/C will tell you the Triumph won't shoot conicals.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Banned

Accura V2 will shoot conicals just as good as the triump. Why settle for a gun that can only shoot one type of projectile. V2!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why choose a gun that will shoot conicals if you are buying it to shoot sabots?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

V2 shoots 'em all. Kind of like a White