Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs? >

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

Can do...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.made-in-china.com/china-p...Seal-Tape.html
Check this out down towards the bottom you will find a wide range group that goes in thickness from .075mm to .2mm

Last edited by lemoyne; 01-29-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the pvc tape info.
I work at Home Depot and we transfer merchantdise in for customers all the time. All you need is the sku number (store part number) and the plumbing associate can get on the computer and get it in the store within three to seven days. Or get the sku number and go to home depot.com and get it from the net.
If anyone is interested I will go to my store and see if we carry the pink tape and will get the sku number for you. Just pm me.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had thought the whole idea behind the breechplug in my TC Pro Hunter was to prevent blowback. I have not used tape since i got it. It has a ruibber gasket on it to stop that up. I don't know if the residue om my threads is that bad, I can't recall. I am either getting senile or it ain't that bad for me. I shoot on average 30-50 shots per range round............
Old 01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

i have an ENCORE and the only blow back i get is through the 209 primer hole ..nothing leaks through my threads ..my hunting partner keeps reminding me by saying "you should have bought the TRIUMPH "
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

heinz57
You do know that by shiming the firing pin block you can adjust the head space to a 209 or a cartridge? I use Bellm shims but could make some without any problem if I wern't so lazy.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

yes i was on mike bellms site ...something i have not tried yet ...thanks