Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs? >

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the white stuff too. I also put just a dab of CVA anti sieze on the taped threads........just the way I do it.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Spike

just put some TC bore butter on the threads with no matter what powder u use. That stuff is just the best for that.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

saltflyz

I have used teflon tape only - since Underclocked invented it. I really do not like oils and greases that might get shot into the bore. I use both the pink and the white tape depending on the gun and how tight the BP is in the threads.

Just wrap it the correct direction over the nose first and down to the primer well...

Old 01-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

no ..........
Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most of us on here use the teflon tape. Cayugad put me onto this when I had my Genesis. Not only is is easy to clean up but it also does a good job at lessening blowback.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Breechplug
If you buy the TC brand thats what you get.
?????????????????????????????????
(BP)
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I am not quite sure just what all the question marks signify but Among the accessories TC sells is a small roll of Teflon tape of the pink thickness, Its what I use on one of my BP.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Well I am not quite sure just what all the question marks signify but Among the accessories TC sells is a small roll of Teflon tape of the pink thickness, Its what I use on one of my BP.
It's a BIG WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you ment I was just bustin your BP! I'll be sure when I get my next TC I'll get me a roll, ys just never know.....ol BP like's dem dare TC's der kinda spensive but demn darn thins can shoot the nuts off a squirril as he's eatin em in da tree!
(BP)
Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

Do you have a Lowes Home Improvement around you anywhere? I just picked a half dozen rools tonight from them...

Here is the break down on T Tape that Lee mentioned

TT50 260SS GRAY STAINLESS STEEL TEFLON-THREAD SEAL TAPE
This tape has nickel pigment color added for use on all stainless steel fittings. Prevents galling, seizing or corrosion. A high density rating, this is the tape for coarse stainless steel threads. Also carries a temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A. UL Listed
TT50 260Y YELLOW GAS LINE TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
Designed for gas lines of all types... Natural gas, propane and butane lines. Meets gas company standards world wide. Full density (1.6) makes this the heaviest tape available. Seals threads easily and quickly with confidence. Has a temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A UL Listed
TT50 260G GREEN OXYGEN TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
Color coded green for oxygen applications. Grease free, density of 1.2 . This is the tape for all your oxygen lines. Will not support combustion. Temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil. Spec. T-27730A UL Listed
TT50 260P PINK PLUMBERS TEFLON THREAD SEAL TAPE
For plumbers and pipe fitters. Colors coded pink to signify this is heavier than standard white thread seal tapes. A premium high density tape . Ensures leak free joints. Temperature range of -450F to +550F. Exceeds Mil Spec. T-27730A UL Listed
Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sabotloader
we aint got #&*@ around where I live, I live in da sticks, were lucky to have a Wal-Mart! When you get them patches for me your gonna have to send me a few rolls of that tape so I can show it off around town!
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.