Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Berraga Barrels

Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
One of the problems with TC Barrels is they are tight, especially the Triumph, I have a buddy who has a Triumph and he hates it because when were shooting our MLers he has a hell of a time loading after the first shot even with swabbing.
Back to the Topic and Bergara Barrels....I just recently found out how easily the SS ones clen up. I found that I like a slightly fouled barrel for Hunting as it is much more accurate. The other night I shot a Big Doe and I ran a patch down the barrel after firing it and cleaned the breechplug. Befor I ran a patch of Montana X-Treme Bore Conditioner thru it I looked down the barrel and I was suprised at how clean the barrel was after just one shot, actually too clean with just one patch. After a range session the SS bergara Barrel cleans up far easier than any other barrel on any ML I own, no need to even use a Brass Brush or Nylon Brush, just solvent soaked patches, mabey 3 at most and it's clean. I love the Stainless Steel Bergara Barrel.
(BP)
Breechplug, some time ago I come up with an idea to make the rifle lands half the width of the rifle grooves. The idea? Have 33% less metal at bore diameter thus reducing loading resistance by 33%. Then I bought my Win Apex and low and behold, someone else had already figured that out. I think bergara barrels are the same. Check yours out.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pglasgow
Breechplug, some time ago I come up with an idea to make the rifle lands half the width of the rifle grooves. The idea? Have 33% less metal at bore diameter thus reducing loading resistance by 33%. Then I bought my Win Apex and low and behold, someone else had already figured that out. I think bergara barrels are the same. Check yours out.
I dont quite understand what your asking to look for????
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Comparison of land width vs. grove width.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Comparison of land width vs. grove width.
Got ya.....yes I do see what you mean......I guess it does make a difference, I never looked at it that way.
Thank's
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
(BP)
I tried to photograph it but couldn't focus it properly and get enough light inside. Below is a diagram ...
Attached Thumbnails Berraga Barrels-land-groove.gif  
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything I have tried to put down the Apex or Kodiak has slid right down. Some conicals which have a .508 top band take a starter thump to get in but any and all sabots go right down.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pglasgow
Everything I have tried to put down the Apex or Kodiak has slid right down. Some conicals which have a .508 top band take a starter thump to get in but any and all sabots go right down.
I love the ACCURA, I never had a problem loading either, smooth and sweet. Above in my other post I was just explaining what I experienced with my ACCURA vs his problems.
(BP)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pglasgow
There is only one problem that I know of with the narrow rifling. They will get wear around the crown a bit faster than standard width. Of course that won't make any difference to some one that uses a bore protector bushing.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Pglasgow
There is only one problem that I know of with the narrow rifling. They will get wear around the crown a bit faster than standard width. Of course that won't make any difference to some one that uses a bore protector bushing.
Lee what's a (Bore Protector Bushing)??
(BP)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the Berraga Barrels are better quaility, why do they cost hundreds LESS than any other barrels for my T/C Encore ??? Just curious? I seen a couple of places that offered these barrel for the Encore and was surprised that they are cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.