Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What is the value of a T/C Renegade? >

What is the value of a T/C Renegade?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is the value of a T/C Renegade?

Old 05-18-2003, 12:23 PM

Default What is the value of a T/C Renegade?

Hello all,

Last winter I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a new Thompson/Center Encore. For several years, I' ve been debating on buying an inline that was a little bit more affordable, but I found a good deal on a stainless/composite Encore so I decided to get it.

Now for my question. How much should I ask for my T/C Renegade? The gun is in very good condition, but ever since I' ve owned it, there is a VERY thin layer of laminate that continues to peel off. This seems to have been a defect that originated at the factory, but it is a very minor flaw. Does anybody know what I should ask for this gun? I' m thinking of selling it to a buddy of mine, so I want to make it a good deal for both of us.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 05-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the value of a T/C Renegade?

Welcome to the board first of all.
If your T/C is defective send it back to T/C and they will correct what' s wrong with it. They have one of the best warranties in the firearm business. Value of your Renegade Hummmmm?.I' ve have one (54 cal) for about 25 years or so.I' m just guessing but I would say around 250.00 plus.Since they have a lifetime warranty,I would think they hold their value.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can find nice ones for $200 without too much trouble. Less if you are patient.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:28 AM

I bought mine used (two years old) about 6 years ago for $150. I tried for the last two years to sell it for $125 without any luck. I finally sold it last fall for $95.
With the cheap inlines of today for around a hundred dollars I' d say you could probally get the same or less. Maybe you will have better luck in your area.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

can' t buy mine. from my cold dead fingers.........
Old 05-29-2003, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the input, fellas. I' ll still offer it to my buddy, but if he' d rather go out and get a cheap inline for $150, I' ll just hold onto it.
Happy hunting...

Jim
Old 06-01-2003, 09:05 AM

Smart move. I' m new to this site also. I was looking for archery stuff and stumbled across it, nice site. As for the Renegade, ask $150 and don' t budge! With the life time warranty it is more than worth it, plus you know it shoots good. I teach hunter education for black powder and you would not believe the stories about the rifles I hear. TC is the way to go. Good luck with the Encore.