Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Mountaineer? CVA Bobcat project question >

CVA Mountaineer? CVA Bobcat project question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Mountaineer? CVA Bobcat project question

Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Mountaineer? CVA Bobcat project question

In previous posts, I talked about an ongoing project of mine - converting a CVA Bobcat with a synthetic stock to a more traditional appearance using a wood stock. Thanks to the folks at Deer Creek Products, the Bobcat now sports a wood stock, new adjustable sights and a reblued barrel (pictures and narrative in a previous post).

I also said that I wanted to add some brass. Locating brass wedge plates and wedge pins is not a problem - plenty of them are out there. But finding anything else? Not too much luck until today . . .

I have found a brass trigger guard/trigger assembly that the seller says came off a CVA Mountaineer (?). Sure looks like the same thing on the Bobcat - still need to check the measurements he emailed me.

Having never heard of the Mountaineer, I did a little searching online. I came across an old post in another forum that led me to believe that the wood stock version of the Bobcat may have been called the Mountaineer.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

BTW, the seller said he would throw in a couple brass wedplates and a pin for an extra $5 if I win.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA Mountaineer? CVA Bobcat project question

one thing I will say for the Bobcats and Mountain Stalkers (same rifle). They put a good barrel on them. A tuff barrel and most of them Bobcat owners will tell you.. they are accurate. I have a .54 caliber but have not shot it in such a long time, I should sell it, but it is such an accurate rifle. Its my walk through the marsh muzzleloader. If I drop it in the mud or muck, who cares!!