Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine. >

Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

I hope they are not sending him to negotiate with North Korea!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

There's a nice article and pictures of me and some friends hunting hogs in this magazine. I guess i was bored and dug this up. Pretty neat stuff and i even used Sabotloaders favorite bullet to shoot that pig. 300grn XTP[8D]

BTW- The Knight vision was advertised in this magazine. Sheesh.....I didn't think it's been out that long.
I'm always interested in reading a good article or review.
Maybe you could scan the article or take some pictures ofthe pages andpost themhere so that we canread it?
There'sfree photo hostingaccounts at photobucket.com and also at imageshack.com without needing any registered accountat all.
It sounds like an interesting article to share.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LaneNebraska

The only thing that could ruin this party is some deployment overseas , how bout it SW, got any orders yet
Nice attempt at being witty Lane. I have mentioned several times on this forum that I'm going to Japan in December. But don't celebrate, they do have internet there. HAHA!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: arcticap
Okay, i'll see what i can do.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

I have mentioned several times on this forum that I'm going to Japan in December. But don't celebrate, they do have internet there. HAHA!
What do you plan to do with all your smokepoles??? I lived in the Canto Plain at the foot of Mt Fugi, Yokota AB back in 1975-78. I enjoyed it, but there are no handguns(not sure about rifles or though)allowed in Japan. We did have a trap range on Tachikawa and that helped some. I know you will go through shooting withdrawal. Sorry.

PS: I know they changed the law on US Military shipping their cars to Japan. I was lucky and had one shipped in before they changed the rules. If you have to get one when you get there I hope they still have differenet rules for the military folks and not have to go by the locals rules, which were unbelievable and harsh.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

What do you plan to do with all your smokepoles??? I lived in the Canto Plain at the foot of Mt Fugi, Yokota AB back in 1975-78. I enjoyed it, but there are no handguns(not sure about rifles or though)allowed in Japan. We did have a trap range on Tachikawa and that helped some. I know you will go through shooting withdrawal. Sorry.

PS: I know they changed the law on US Military shipping their cars to Japan. I was lucky and had one shipped in before they changed the rules. If you have to get one when you get there I hope they still have differenet rules for the military folks and not have to go by the locals rules, which were unbelievable and harsh.
I'm leaving them with my father along with my truck. The muzzleloaders will get a nice heavy coat of oil and then be placed in dry-storage. He'll put my truck to good use while I'm gone. We aren't allowed to ship our vehicles over there on the governments dime. If I wanted to come out of pocket for it, I could. But I'm not. My wife and I will both get some cheap Japanese cars when we get there. You can get a really nice car for about $2K.

I might try to get on some military flights to other countries and do some hunting. Maybe New Zealand or Australia. If I can, I'll just have my dad ship the rifle to me. If not, I'm sure the outfitter will have loaners.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buddy go to NZ and he didn't take his rifle on his first trip. They have rifles that you can use. NZ is a hunting paradise from what my buddy says.

Are you going to Okinawa or the main island Honshu? What service?

Good luck and good tour!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

I had a buddy go to NZ and he didn't take his rifle on his first trip. They have rifles that you can use. NZ is a hunting paradise from what my buddy says.

Are you going to Okinawa or the main island Honshu? What service?

Good luck and good tour!!!
Yeah, NZ is at the top of my list. I'm going to Okinawa again (was there for 14 months in 99). I'm in the USMC.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: arcticap

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

I'm always interested in reading a good article or review.
Maybe you could scan the article or take some pictures ofthe pages andpost themhere so that we canread it?
There'sfree photo hostingaccounts at photobucket.com and also at imageshack.com without needing any registered accountat all.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Grouse45,
Many thanks and much appreciation for postingandsharing sucha fine article. The hunt was clearly a very special eventproviding memories to last a lifetime.

Quick Reply: Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.