HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/296371-fall-2005-blackpowder-hunting-magazine.html)

Grouse45 06-20-2009 06:38 PM

Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

There's a nice article and pictures of me and some friends hunting hogs in this magazine. I guess i was bored and dug this up. Pretty neat stuff and i even used Sabotloaders favorite bullet to shoot that pig.:D 300grn XTP[8D]

BTW- The Knight vision was advertised in this magazine. Sheesh.....I didn't think it's been out that long.

SWThomas 06-21-2009 06:46 AM

RE: Fall of 2005 Blackpowder Hunting Magazine.

How are we suppose to find a 4 year old magazine?

sabotloader 06-21-2009 06:52 AM

SW

Guess i was wondering the same thing - hoping somebody would ask... thinking it might be a typo????

I use to get that mag - I think - but i didn't keep them... i also think they quit publishing a year or so ago - not sure...

If you do a search online - there several diffent options but know idea which one...

SWThomas 06-21-2009 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

SW

Guess i was wondering the same thing - hoping somebody would ask... thinking it might be a typo????

I use to get that mag - I think - but i didn't keep them... i also think they quit publishing a year or so ago - not sure...

If you do a search online - there several diffent options but know idea which one...

I don't know either... Is he trying to brag or make himself feel important because he was in a magazine that got discontinued??? I'm not getting the point of this topic....

sabotloader 06-21-2009 08:27 AM

SW

Naw! I think part of it was a dig at me because I am not a fan of Hornady XTP's... we got into a big discussion about XTP's vs Gold Dots one time... I think everyone know s the bonded Gold Dot is a better bullet but he clings to his XTP's

The other reference was to the Knight Vision, when it first came out in that mag it was prablably advertised at close to $500 and now in a few years you can buy the same gun for $200. And after playing around with his - it really is not that bad of a gun - in fact it is a very good gun - but it looks like a shotgun to me - like a Remington 870 pump that breaks open.

Remember I am the one that said I thought it was discontinued - it may not be... There are so many BP Hunting magazines online it still may be going - i really do not know. Altough i stumbled across his name the other day in an odd place - think it was on the Savage site when i was looking for information about the vent liners, apparently he and a small group of other guys were doing a lot of Savage testing once upon a time time way back there. Now that I bring that up - I wonder which Savage breech plug they were using?

Grouse45 06-21-2009 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

It was a dig on sabotloader SWThomas. And also was more related to the Vision because he is currently working with them.

As far as the magazine who cares. I never thought any one would look for it. I know i would not. Just in conversation that's all. One nice thing about this forum i notice alot of off topic subjects.

SWThomas thanks for keeping an eye on me. You have helped Lehigh sell tons of bullets over the last couple months. I know over 300,000 bullets have been sold this month. Obviously not all Muzzleloader bullets. Keep up the good work.

Bragging????? I did shoot a 1/2 group last night with my Savage. My Son Graduated from High School. Lehigh Bullets are way better then any Barnes on game. Knights are better built Muzzleloaders then T/C'S. My good friend gave me a nice over and under for Christmas. Okay, i'm done bragging. I gotta go to the range.;)

SWThomas 06-21-2009 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

It was a dig on sabotloader SWThomas. And also was more related to the Vision because he is currently working with them.

As far as the magazine who cares. I never thought any one would look for it. I know i would not. Just in conversation that's all. One nice thing about this forum i notice alot of off topic subjects.

SWThomas thanks for keeping an eye on me. You have helped Lehigh sell tons of bullets over the last couple months. I know over 300,000 bullets have been sold this month. Obviously not all Muzzleloader bullets. Keep up the good work.

Bragging????? I did shoot a 1/2 group last night with my Savage. My Son Graduated from High School. Lehigh Bullets are way better then any Barnes on game. Knights are better built Muzzleloaders then T/C'S. My good friend gave me a nice over and under for Christmas. Okay, i'm done bragging. I gotta go to the range.;)

HAHA! That's pretty funny. I'm sure I had a lot to do with Lehigh selling whatever piddly little amount they've sold.:eek: There's only a select few on this website that have even tried them. If any other sales have been made, they certainly were't influenced by this website or your constant nuttswinging. But if you want to give me credit for helping Lehigh sell their crappy little bullets, that's cool. But I seriously doubt I have that much influence over anyone on this site. And I seriously doubt Lehigh has sold anywhere near as many bullets as you say. After all, pretty much everything you post on these forums is biased and skewed to your (Lehighs) agenda. I really do hope they're compensating you for all the advertising and propagandizing. If they're not, you are seriously getting shafted on that deal....

I was actually pretty impressed, at first, that you were able to formulate a topic on this forum without using the word "Lehigh" in it. But your last post blew all that away. It's actually really fun messing with someone as intellectually challenged as you. It's just too easy to get under your skin. But when someone is as narcissistic as you are, it takes all the challenge out of it.

That's the thing about inside jokes. Only you and the person you're joking with know what they hell is going on. To me, and even the person you're joking with, it just looks like your trying to smoke your own pole. And when someone smokes their own pole as much as you do, that's the automatic reaction. It's really not our fault that we initially thought that was your intention....

As for Lehigh being better than Barnes and Knight being better than TC... All I can say is look at sales and statistic. No sense in trying to argue those point and confusing you with facts.... :D

Semisane 06-21-2009 12:33 PM

DAMN! I think I'm going to puke. [:'(]

SWThomas 06-21-2009 12:51 PM

BTW Tom, congrats to your son on graduating!

muzzymustela 06-21-2009 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

HAHA! That's pretty funny. I'm sure I had a lot to do with Lehigh selling whatever piddly little amount they've sold.:eek: There's only a select few on this website that have even tried them. If any other sales have been made, they certainly were't influenced by this website or your constant nuttswinging. But if you want to give me credit for helping Lehigh sell their crappy little bullets, that's cool. But I seriously doubt I have that much influence over anyone on this site. And I seriously doubt Lehigh has sold anywhere near as many bullets as you say. After all, pretty much everything you post on these forums is biased and skewed to your (Lehighs) agenda. I really do hope they're compensating you for all the advertising and propagandizing. If they're not, you are seriously getting shafted on that deal....

I was actually pretty impressed, at first, that you were able to formulate a topic on this forum without using the word "Lehigh" in it. But your last post blew all that away. It's actually really fun messing with someone as intellectually challenged as you. It's just too easy to get under your skin. But when someone is as narcissistic as you are, it takes all the challenge out of it.

That's the thing about inside jokes. Only you and the person you're joking with know what they hell is going on. To me, and even the person you're joking with, it just looks like your trying to smoke your own pole. And when someone smokes their own pole as much as you do, that's the automatic reaction. It's really not our fault that we initially thought that was your intention....

As for Lehigh being better than Barnes and Knight being better than TC... All I can say is look at sales and statistic. No sense in trying to argue those point and confusing you with facts.... :D
very well said. Bravo SW [:-] . But you probably are a closet Lehigh shooter in reality:D