Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight rifles ceasing? >

Knight rifles ceasing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight rifles ceasing?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knight rifles ceasing?

ORIGINAL: rafsob
I know, I know, you want me to tell everyone how I really feel. "ENCORES SUCK!!!
They are just a very poor designed ML. T/C paid alot of money for advertising to get people to buy them. Guess what, it worked.The Omega made them millions. The only ML that T/C made that even compares to the Knight Extreme or Elite is the Triumph. Heck, the Knight Vision is better in just about every way over an Omega. Yet, Knight got to sell these cheap just to get rid of them.They just don't have professionals doing there marketing for them.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only time will tell. However I was under the impression that Knight just received a substantial military contract. May be they are just refocusing their efforts?? Tom.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Not in my experience... My Encore PH is an outstanding MZ.

Nothing from Knight in years has been of the same quality....

ORIGINAL: rafsob

Well in my book the Encore SUCKS!!! Had one in BP and also a .30-06 barrel. Both SUCKED!!! I have enjoyed my Knight Vision and my NEF Sidekick and the performance they gave me over the Encore. To me the Encore was a piece of junk that SUCKED!!!

I know, I know, you want me to tell everyone how I really feel. "ENCORES SUCK!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Spike

Like rdpettit, I must be missing something-I am very happy with my Pro Hunter. I am certain there are many very good muzzleloaders out there, and I hope to try them. But the PH is a very long way from junk.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

I sent 2 barrelled actions to have the quick release installed.. week before last. I then called Knight Tech Support twice last week. Got the " due to call volumes.. please try later". Next time I just hung on the line, and a nice lady answered both times and connected me to Gordy (Tech Support).

Gordy called me back last Thursday to say my guns are done and he is sending them back. Then he said "Does that Elite .45 shoot OK ?" Yeah... why ? "The barrel looks like it has a bend in it". My jaw just about hit the floor. Then he starts laughing.. and says "I"m just having some fun with you man!"

We had a nice talk for about 10 mins about BH209 loads in the Disc rifles...he was in realgood mood. I didn't mention about the Knight Internet talk... but he seemed confident Knight was getting it's act together and was hopeful the new rifle will be a winner (next year). Just hope he's not totally blind slided.