Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles ?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Rifles ?

Got this off another site.anyone heard anything?

In all the hoopla surrounding General Motors and completely overlooked by the mainstream media a reputable hunting company quietly closed its doors. Today Knight Rifles announced that they close their gun factory. Tony Knight, the founder of Knight Rifles, was an revolutionary inventor when it came to muzzleloaders and always was a nose length ahead of the competition. Knight was the first to offer an in-line muzzleloader in 1985 and it created a lot of controversy back then. Today in-line muzzleloaders are the norm for most serious black powder hunters and it is thanks to Tony Knight and his far-reaching vision.

Later Tony Knight produced another first when he came out with a black powder gun that used shot shell primers as ignition instead of percussion caps. The shot shell primers provided a hotter and more reliable ignition and muzzleloader hunters love it. I still remember my very first muzzleloader, a Knight Wolverine .50 cal, I liked the simplicity, sleek design and out-of-the-box accuracy of that gun and henceforth became a loyal follower of Knight Muzzleloaders.

Over the years Knight Rifles came to be known and respected as trusted quality workhorses that didn’t break the bank. It is thanks to Tony Knight that muzzleloader hunting made the leap from a small niche interest to a hugely popular hunting method that ranks right up there with bowhunting. So what makes such a successful and all around respected company fall down?

According to Toby Bridges, Editor of Knight Rifles Muzzleloader Magazine, it is Knights departure from their original simple design. I think Toby is on to something, because I changed from Knight to Thomson Center for this very reason. It’s sad to see a innovative hunting company go that changed the world of muzzleloader hunting for the better as much as Knight Rifles did.

I wish Knight Rifles and the best of luck for the future and sincerely hope that sometime in the future we see them again.

Source: Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer News

As of yet unconfirmed rumors reached me from an insider source that one of the largest hunting and fishing magazine publishers in America is about to close the doors too. If it comes to that many well known hunting and fishing magazines will be gone from the newsstands and many outdoor writers will be out of work.

Ron
[/align]
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knight Rifles ?

Nope, haven't heard a thing...Any of you guys heard anything about this???

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3431121

Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

According to Toby Bridges, Editor of Knight Rifles Muzzleloader Magazine, it is Knights departure from their original simple design. I think Toby is on to something, because I changed from Knight to Thomson Center for this very reason. It’s sad to see a innovative hunting company go that changed the world of muzzleloader hunting for the better as much as Knight Rifles did.
So Toby Bridges is out of a job again... I wonder if he'll throw another temper tantrum and intentionally blow up a Knight muzzleloader if they don't give him the severance package he thinks he deserves...

I'm not really all that sorry about this. Knight let itself get gobbled up by a bigger company, then they screwed over their original employees in (and really the entire town of) Centerville, IA when they up and moved to Decatur, AL to be closer to their new masters HQ. Now the bigger/better holding company has run them into the ground and screwed over a second batch of employees and a few million Knight rifles owners. Great job Knight. I'm glad I got rid of mine a long time ago. My DISC was the only gun I've ever literally thrown away. I hated that rifle and was not sad to see it go.

Mike