Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight rifles ceasing? >

Knight rifles ceasing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight rifles ceasing?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight rifles ceasing?

Just got an email from a regional director to the RMEF that stated that Knight rifles will cease to exist on June 30th??? Did I miss the announcement or is this new news?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knight rifles ceasing?

txhunter58

Just got an email from a regional director to the RMEF that stated that Knight rifles will cease to exist on June 30th??? Did I miss the announcement or is this new news?
Wow! but there has been other rumors flying also...
Old 05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would sure be too bad. I'm glad I have the knight's I do but now maybe I need to stock up on some spare parts.
Art
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

If all of this happens that's to bad. But, if it doesn't happen this really puts a bad light on the RMEF. (Rocky mountain Elk Foundation)
Old 05-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is what the email said:

Knight Rifles will be ceasing operations on June 30th, 2009. The Knight Shadow .50 Muzzleloaderin our RMEF Merchandise Catalog will no longer be available. Any open orders will be fulfilled but they will not be accepting any new orders.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

This is what the email said:

Knight Rifles will be ceasing operations on June 30th, 2009. The Knight Shadow .50 Muzzleloaderin our RMEF Merchandise Catalog will no longer be available. Any open orders will be fulfilled but they will not be accepting any new orders.
Thanks for the information. I was going to send one of my guns back for a trigger adjustment. NOT NOW
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I hate to hear that...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is very bad. Knight made some really good guns.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

This would indeed be too bad. Knight innovated the inline and has always made a quality, ACCURATE product. I have never owned one but have always respected the company.

I never bought one due to the DISC requirement, then when that went away I did not like their newer designs. IMHO opinion they have struggled in recent years to find an innovative design that could compete with some of the others on the market.

This isone reasonwhy I didn't want a DISC rifle, who's going to keep supplyings DISCs now if this is true?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

If true... not happy about this ! Hope they/someone will still offer spare parts like breech plugs.

Wouldn't be surprised if they reorganize.. ormerged with Green Mountain Barrel. (Both ownedby the same parent company).

Quick Reply: Knight rifles ceasing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.