Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Bobcat project >

CVA Bobcat project

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Bobcat project

Old 04-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CVA Bobcat project

I haven't decided on what style of sights, other than they won't be fiber optic. Been looking at a couple different types that have a beaded blade up front and an adjustable rear.

Thanks on the input on how to remove the current sights. Neighbor across the street has a good selection of small punches - one of them should do the trick.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Banned

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...20REAR%20SIGHT
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like to use a brass punch and a a small 3lb. lump hammer to get the old sights out. i use electrical tape around the area im gonna whack just in case of a miss or the pounch slides off and down the side of the barrel.when you tap the new sight in be careful and tape off the new sight and any areas that might get scratched from the punch missing or sliding off. to give the dovetail cut on the barrel a tighter fit to your new sight you can use a ball pein hammer on the round side to just lightly tap the edges of the dovetail to close them up a hair. this will make the new sight sit tight. for cold blueing i would use the oxpho blue from brownells.