Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Bone Collector Update >

T/C Bone Collector Update

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Bone Collector Update

Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: T/C Bone Collector Update

aaron_aa469

Gee whiz! if the regular 'Triumph' is that much then the BC might really be out of site. I have know way to tell you the Canadian price other than seach Sporting Goods Store or chains located in Canada.

Well, maybe not, here are some US prices....

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...49%55%4D%50%48

Where are you at in Canada?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

CABELAS CANADA sells the plain jane TRIUMPH ...$$519.99 + tax

https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&section=1187&section2= 1284&section3=1477&ID=5543
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Spike

anybody get a bone collector yet? post pics if you have!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you thinking about getting one? The Bone Collector would be a step above the Endeavor no doubt.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Spike

ya, but they don't come out up here 'til June I think. wait and see price anyways.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

If someone has a bone collector and an Endeavor and thinks it is a step above the Endeavor please let me know. I don't think there is a muzzleloader out there that could be a step above (IMO and that is just that my opinion) What more could you ask for 1) easiest muzzleloader I have ever seen to clean. 2) I can get some of the best groups I have seen come from a muzzleloader ( except for a couple of whites I seen over the weekend) 3) If I want a defferent caliber all I have to do is buy another barrel. 4) and again IMO the best looking muzzleloader on the market.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

Are you thinking about getting one? The Bone Collector would be a step above the Endeavor no doubt.
How so? I know you're biased towards Triumphs and I'm biased towards Endeavors, but I'm just curious as to what you think is so much better...
Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck

If someone has a bone collector and an Endeavor and thinks it is a step above the Endeavor please let me know.
I have owned two encores and a Pro-hunter. I have also owned atleast four Triumphs. The Endeavor copied the Breech plug from the Triumph. Now the Bone collector is copying the Pro-Hunter/Endeavor on the flex stock. The Triumph is a better designed Muzzleloader then the Encore. As you stated if you want to switch barrels the Endeavor is a much better choice. If you want strictly a Muzzleloader the Triumph wins easily. Not to many people complain about the triumph. Almost everybody complains about the Encore. You just need to tweek it some to make it better. It's really no big deal.

BTW- I forgot to mention the Encore is my all time favorite factory Muzzleloader. Absolutely no doubt about it. I have said this many times and still feel the same to date.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Grouse, I would think it is obvious that TC is making improvements on all their Muzzleloaders. If people have had issues with the Encore I would think that TC would work on that. The whole triumph is a much better designed muzzleloader, sounds to me like a personal preferrance not a majority decision. I know of at least a half dozen people that have traded their Triumph for something else and more that have traded off their Encore for something else.
I am not saying you have not had issues with what you have owned but, I have not one complaint about mine. I do not own a triumph but have shot one and tell you the truth other than the whole barrel swap on the encore the guns are one in the same.
The biggest draw back I have heard someone complain about is the hinge pin. (I have no play in mine) and the trigger pull, I would guess mine around 3 1/2 lbs. just perfect for me.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have also owned atleast four Triumphs
Grouse just wondering why you have owned so many Triumphs? And do you still own 4?
This whole better than is just like the all time FORD VS Chevy.......

Quick Reply: T/C Bone Collector Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.