Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Peep Sight Question >

Peep Sight Question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Peep Sight Question

Old 03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Peep Sight Question

I am just wondering if we are missing the point here.
Take a tip from an old timer, the real key to using a peep weather it is a small target peep or a ghost ring for hunting the key to being accurate is not to look at the peep you look through it if you learn to to do that you will center your eye where the most light is that will be the center of the peep they are very accurate used this way. Lee
Old 03-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep Sight Question

Had a good day at the range. Wheather was nice. The patterns werent all that good but they were all in the kill zone at 100yds but thats to be expected with the ammo I am using. Its hard to get used to 3" high at 100yds when you cant shoot tight groups. I know, I know...a bad carpenter always blames his tools but when I was shooting the SSTs and the S/Ws W/BH209 my groups were much tighter and more consistant so......Iwill check out that Williams Package if its still avaliable. I do like that adjustable peep idea.....[:@]I bet the Williamspackage sells for a bit itself.