Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor >

First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

Beautiful, congrats. Where ya at that your in shirt sleaves? Florida? Ga? I wanna try the T-EZ myself, they look like they would fly beautiful in my Savage. What does Gobbler Getter shoot in his Savage for pigs? They are pretty heavy boned and very thick skin so the bullet must be "well constructed/designed". Chap
South Carolina. That pic was taken right before we cleaned her. I had removed my rain jacket and rolled up my sleeves.

Jim shot a hog a few weeks ago with a Gold Dot. As far as I know that's the only animal he has taken with the Savage. Upon opening this hog up we noticed that the T-EZ has blown through the spine before making it's way through the rib cage. There were all kinds of bone fragments in the neck area, but no sign of bullet fragments. In actuality, I could have gotten away with a smaller bullet, but when it comes to hogs you can never be too careful.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice porker there. Would taste yummy cooked in the ground. We got some on our place this year, but there not showing themselves in the day time.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

Beautiful, congrats. Where ya at that your in shirt sleaves? Florida? Ga? I wanna try the T-EZ myself, they look like they would fly beautiful in my Savage. What does Gobbler Getter shoot in his Savage for pigs? They are pretty heavy boned and very thick skin so the bullet must be "well constructed/designed". Chap
South Carolina. That pic was taken right before we cleaned her. I had removed my rain jacket and rolled up my sleeves.

Jim shot a hog a few weeks ago with a Gold Dot. As far as I know that's the only animal he has taken with the Savage. Upon opening this hog up we noticed that the T-EZ has blown through the spine before making it's way through the rib cage. There were all kinds of bone fragments in the neck area, but no sign of bullet fragments. In actuality, I could have gotten away with a smaller bullet, but when it comes to hogs you can never be too careful.
The T-EZdid the job no doubt about that. Chap
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

MMMM pork chops. way to go. I would love to get a hog with the muzzy. Trouble is (or maybe not) is that we only have a couple counties in PA were there are some feral hogs running rampant.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to rekindle this thread since there have been several comments in recent thread about Barnes Bullets. Maybe this will be of some interest to some folks...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congradulations on a fine Pig. Dont sweat the bullets, Barnes isnt worried about a little brass bullet making company in PA.