Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Sunday Afternoon Sidelock >

Sunday Afternoon Sidelock

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sunday Afternoon Sidelock

Old 02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Afternoon Sidelock

"Well OldHound, that's good shooting. Did that lady know you were hunting in her rose garden? "

HA HA. I guess you guys down south don't have a problem with the multiflora rose "weed" that grows everywhere, entangles you everywhere you go, and sometimes makes it nearly impossible to track & drag a deer out of it when it gets really thick. I heard they imported it from another country to use for erosion control, now it's run wild across eastern & southern Ohio & WV (plus other states I'm sure). Only plus is, the deer do eat it- so it is a food supply for them.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sunday Afternoon Sidelock

ORIGINAL: oldsmellhound

"Well OldHound, that's good shooting. Did that lady know you were hunting in her rose garden? "

HA HA. I guess you guys down south don't have a problem with the multiflora rose "weed" that grows everywhere, entangles you everywhere you go, and sometimes makes it nearly impossible to track & drag a deer out of it when it gets really thick. I heard they imported it from another country to use for erosion control, now it's run wild across eastern & southern Ohio & WV (plus other states I'm sure). Only plus is, the deer do eat it- so it is a food supply for them.
In the East we call them Rose briars. I lost more hats,gloves and pants to those terrible bushes!! But the deer love to hang out in them and most times we would have to put a drive on to get em out. Most seasons I saw more blood caused by rose briars then from deer we shot.