Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Speaking of X7s

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Speaking of X7s

Do any of you guys have one? If so, please tell me about it.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Speaking of X7s

Semisane. I love mine. I fell in love the first time I seen one. Im thinking its the perfect little treestand, walking around gun. My shotgun is staying home this year, the X7 will be hanging in the tree with me.Buy it You wont regret it.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't own one, but I have handled them numerous times at this gun shop I like to keep in business. I just never handed over the money. YOU on the other hand, being financially independent,need to knock the moths out of your pocket and dig in there and get yourself one. They are a real top of the line Omega. And I read they shoot BlackHorn 209 perfect... (I had to do it.. )
Old 11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Semisane. Ive been hunting with my X7 for the last couple days. This has got to be the handiest little gun Ive ever hunted with. From walking thru the woods with a treestand & pack on to Holding it in a treestand. Just perfect. Where I hunted this week , I hunted in shotgun zone in the morning & rifle zone in the afternoon. So in the afternoon I used my Rem 700 35 whelen. Now I love this gun. But after using the X7 ,the 35 whelen feels like a 8ft 2X4. Havent killed anything withe the X7 yet, All Ive seen is a couple small bucks & does. My doe permits are for another area. Just an awesome little gun

I may have to change my signiture line
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I happen to have one, and purchased it because it was compact and because it came with a peep sight. We cannot use optics during the muzzle loader season here. Coincidentally i happened to shoot it yesterday for the first time since May or early June; not sure. Left it loaded with 105g of BH209 and a 300g SST with a low drag sabot since then. Some feller was sighting in his gun and shooting across the road where i normally shoot, so i drove on by, and found a place where i could shoot about 70 yard according to the range finder. Set up a target, and inserted a primer, and shot from the cabin of the truck. The charge went off as i hoped it would, and i loaded and fired two more times, and loaded again and came home. Season starts here December 13th, and am looking forward to packing the compact, accurate X7 around, and hopefully will get some does for the freezer.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Semisane
It is one of the ideal guns for BH209 since a progressive burning powder is much better suited to short barrels than the regular subs, of course 777 FFF will work passably. Lee
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine. I bought it to replace my "brush gun", a Traditions Deerhunter. While it does not carry quite as easily as the Deerhunter (which I could wrap my whole hand around barrel/stock, very easy to carry) due to the slighly larger forearm, it is the next best thing. IMHO no gun with a scope carries easy. I love the peep sights!

Unfortunately I have yet to kill anything with it, and I have had it for 3 years. I typically have it in hand in case something runs up, but just based on the areas I get to hunt (beggars can't be choosers) I rarely get sub-100 yd shots anymore so I put it down and use my thumbhole Omega set up for long range (I usually carry both).

With 100gr 777 and a 200gr SW it is a very pleasant-shooting gun. With 120gr 777 and a 300gr Shockwave (what it is currently sighted in with since I took it for elk recently) that light little gun will certainly wake you up. The factory recoil pad is phenominal though. The recoil does not hurt it just bucks.