Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph reviews??

Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Spike

Default Triumph reviews??

For those of you who own or have used a new Triumph, what is your opinion? My buddy has the Omega and loves it but I was looking at a Triumph at a local store and kind of like the looks and features of it.

I guess on a second note, I have one of the original Remington 700ML's that I may get rid of if I get a new ML....I realize they are not made any more but if I was to sell it, what wouldcould/should I expect to get from it? Its in excellent condition.

Thanks all!
D
Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Triumph reviews??

If it's a blued model, then maybe you could get$175more or less depending on condition.
If it was beingsold at a gunshop, theywould try to get more but itcouldsiton the shelffor a long time.
An unfiredand/or stainless modelcould be worth$50 - $100more. Also more for a camo stock or if it'sa .54 caliber.
Just look on Gunbroker.com and you'll see what they're going for and their askingprices. You can also search their completed auctions to see what the final sellingprices were.
Prices are sometimes higher on Gunbroker because people are willing to pay extra for the Gunbroker fees and theshipping costs involved to get guns that aren't available locally. But whenthe seller's prices are set high, many of them don't sell quickly if at all.
The700ML has a following, but there's so many new models to chose from that they're not really easy to sell.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Spike

Default RE: Triumph reviews??

I'm new to muzzleloading; justtraded in my slug guns for two new Triumphs set up with Nikon Omega scopes. Since I don't have any prior experience with ML's I can't make a fair comparison to the others but can say with confidence that they beat the hell out of slug shotguns and I'm extremely pleased with mine. I got one in camo and the other is the black & dark gray weathershield.