Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow reviews

Old 07-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bow reviews

Im thinking about buying a new bow sometime in the next few months. I am having trouble deciding what i want. Is there a site where i can go look at reviews of diffrent bows. Im basically looking for something 34 inches or up, in the $550 or less range with great accuracy potential. A matthews would be great but way out of my price range. I have had good luck with Martin in the past and am considering another one. I also like Parker and Reflex. I just basically want to check out professional tests and reviews of diffrent models. Speed is not a major concern, i just want something that i can shoot accurately both in the woods and on the 3-D range. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dave
Old 07-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow reviews

beltedmag! check out www.fastestbows.com they usually have some pretty good reviews ,they don't do them all at once but they have a pretty good selection to choose from.

nubo
Old 07-16-2004, 03:48 PM

Check out the buckmaster g2xl!!!! I shot one of these after I bought my legacy and I don't think I could have shelled out the extra cash had I known how quiet, smooth, and fast the g2xl is.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Hoyt has a bow out called the ultra sport ,at least I think thats what its called. Cost is 349
around here , it has narrow grip and is a cam 1/2 nice bow for the money.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys for the info. I went to a bow shop today and checked out a few bows. I looked at a hoyt and reflex and another matthews. I really liked them all and the prices were really good. I loved the feel of the Reflex timberwolf, i think i tryed the Hoyt Xtec too. Now i really dont know what to get, so many good bows out there.

Dave
Old 07-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just pull out a straw and that's your choice .I couldn't help but notice that you din't have a BowTech on your list ,shame on you.

nubo
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of good bows out there. Honestly, don't pay too much attention to the reviews. They are what one person is stating their opinion is. Go out to your shops and shoot a bunch and pick on by feel, not what you read online.

As for the Timberwolf you mentioned. Very nice little bow, but IMO, the brace is too short. You may be one of those people who shoot a short brace bow well. I don't shoot them particularly well. They scare me I guess.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

nubo, the reason that bowtech wasnt on my list was just the price. Some of my friends shoot bowtech and they are really good bows. There are just out of my price range, up there with Matthews, just a little too expensive

Muzzyman, i thought the same thing about the brace height issue. Im not big on short brace height bows myself, i just really liked the way the timberwolf felt and drew. After looking through the hoyt catalog i got at the dealer im leaning toward the xtec or protec bows.

Dave
Old 07-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Belted Mag ! I was just kiddin with ya on that ,but just to let you know that the Hoyt Xtec is right up there as well when it comes to price with the BT's and Mathew's .Hoyt has the Ultra Tec which is very nice ,I shot one last week when a friend bought it and I helped him set it up .Check it out it's very smooth to draw and shoot's smooth as well.

nubo