Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 home made hunting blind idea >

home made hunting blind idea

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

home made hunting blind idea

Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 AM

Default RE: home made hunting blind idea

ORIGINAL: gearheart

Let us just remember, when we're all out of work and have finshed spending the money that our parents saved, that we started it all by worshipping at the temple of the lowest price. I remember when wally world products displayed the " Proudly made in America" tags and they had quality stuff. Those days are gone. We threw them away.
Agree......
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: corey012778

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Jeeze can't even buy a blind w/out this crap! Get on the political site w/it! I was truly hpoing to see many ideas on homemade blinds.
I started it hoping for some too.
So an opinion that's against spending money on a cheap chinese blind and the reason for that opinion is not acceptable?

ESPECIALLY under the heading of "homemade hunting blind ideas"....?

People crack me up that they just don't get it.

Learn toHUNT, hunt the wind, move sloooow, and save yourself $40..........
Old 08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

since stand only thing i see is the 2x4s on the trees should run down to the ground and maybe in a foot or so
ORIGINAL: rafsob

I also want this thread to go back toblinds and leave thepolitical crap outside. Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hunt at a friends place and he made of this tree stand that is very functional and fairly cheap. He made about a dozen and we spread them throughout his farm. It can be made into a tree stand blind if he wants to, but they work very well.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man, you've got to replace that bucket with a decent folding lawn chair , and drape some burlap over the sides to screen your movement.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

semi, where would he go to the bathroom
Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Man, you've got to replace that bucket with a decent folding lawn chair , and drape some burlap over the sides to screen your movement.
Chairs make a lot of noise, the bucket doesn't make any. The bucket is always there and I only need to hump a cushion, which does weight much more then a few oz.

As far as the camo, we have harvestedmany deer from these stands with no problems. I guess you could drape some camo around the railings if it made you happy.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

I also want this thread to go back toblinds and leave thepolitical crap outside. Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hunt at a friends place and he made of this tree stand that is very functional and fairly cheap. He made about a dozen and we spread them throughout his farm. It can be made into a tree stand blind if he wants to, but they work very well.

Beautiful, strong stand, very safe. I have designed some very low cost tree stands for hunting (< $10 each):

http://www.the-gleasons.com/low_cost_tree_stands_for_hunting.htm

Chap

PS. If you have been around a while this is nothing new to you. For new folks, you may get some ideas that you like. Mine is a complete setup of the stand and the steps to get into the stand along with a Gorilla Seat, which you either leave in the stand or take out every time.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Made in Clio Michigan starting at 35.00. Sold thru many outlets, sportsman guide, Dunhams,and others,ect ect.

http://www.ameristep.com/

Al

Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hate those blinds try sitting in one in a good wind it blows all over the place.
I would not want to bow hunt out of it either.
I bought one my second year used it twice in no wind the third was a wind of about 10 miles an hour or so it blow all over. i took it back and told them to stick it
ORIGINAL: alleyyooper

Made in Clio Michigan starting at 35.00. Sold thru many outlets, sportsman guide, Dunhams,and others,ect ect.

http://www.ameristep.com/

Al

Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ultimate portable hunting blind (sort of), where you get to be the bush.

OK, I know it's not homemade but Sportsmans Guide has them for around $80 and it even has a gun cover. Just pick your spot and become the blind.

Quick Reply: home made hunting blind idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.