Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thanks guys

Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thanks guys

This is the most active ML forum I've found. There are 2 others I visit, but only around hunting season because otherwise they are deserted. You guys are year long, dedicated muzzleloading enthusiast. I mostly lurk to soak up the info. I appreciate all the hard work you all do. Take care, Greg
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

You're right about that gt. The other thing I like is that HNI is not anal about keeping on topic. We can get a little loosey goosey (fish pictures, etc.) without having posts deleted or being censured.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys. I was just visiting the other firearms forums. Boy, those guys can get really nasty in their posts. I think I'll continue to hang out here with all of you. Seems this bunch of guys are more friendly and helpful even to the less knowledgable posters. (I guess some of the 'other guys' have developed an attitude from sniffing all those nitro powder fumes).
I agree with you bronko22000
I shoot a crossbow also and I find a warmer welcom from crossbow shooters than vert bow shooters some of which have a big problem with xbows,just seem to be more helpful.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

I have to add my thanks here too.I learned all that I know about our sport here .
And learned it more pleasantly than reading books or other websites.
HNI ROCKS
Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to continue the hippie love fest too much longer , but I also want to thank everyone here for all the great advice. I started shooting muzzleloaders about 2 years ago, and I learned pretty much everything from guys on this forum. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldsmellhound

Not to continue the hippie love fest too much longer , but I also want to thank everyone here for all the great advice. I started shooting muzzleloaders about 2 years ago, and I learned pretty much everything from guys on this forum. Keep up the good work!!!
Me too, I've only been shooting MZ's about a year and a half. I allready know everything there is to know........ But I'm still a good listener and reader
Old 06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I admit I don't get here to much this time of year, girls in my life just keep me hopping from March till November most times. Speaking of girls, I was new to the internet and wanted to learn some things about the girls so I joined a forum. A moderator (we have them here?) told me to buy two books and do a search on the internet before I asked any stupid questions. He didn't list the questions that were stupid so I bought 12 books and told the guy I bought a bunch of girls from to keep his stupid plack saying I was a beekeeper. I am to this day a gardener who has bees.
As for this place I now shoot my T/C Hawkins because a member (LongBow BowHunter)here sent me a T/C tang mount peep site for it.
Can't forget that there fellow in NewIdeaHo, Sabot loader, conical loader or what ever he is going by now. I have so many MMP green 50 cal sabots he sent me I don't believe I'll be buying any in the near future.
And the 54 cal MMP purple sabots for the 50 cal gold dot HP my 54 cal Remington likes so well is a result of another ship ment from him.

YUP a great place to learn, and make friends.

Al
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Well enough back slapping! But we are good and nice arn't we. All are welcome and given respect. My way of doing things \. We have great Mentors Cay Semi Uc and many others Thanks to all
Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

The only reason I stay here is I like the smell.
I know that smell.
Aaah, Pyrodex in the morning....

(or afternoon or whenever)