Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help from you PA guys, please >

Help from you PA guys, please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help from you PA guys, please

Old 12-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help from you PA guys, please

Does anyone know of any good bow shops in the Snyder / Union county area? Coming down this weekend and my mother wants to take the son and I shopping.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help from you PA guys, please

Depending, your about an hour from Gander Mountain in southeast Lycoming Co.

Where bouts, what town?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro Shops (actually it's a smaller licensed shop, not an outdoor world) in the Williamsport Area. Their product stock is dwindling (due to competition with Gander Mountain), but the personal service, and tech work is great there.

Hijack here, Rob, question. The above shop is who I go to for whatever I can accessory wise for my bow, but they can't work on mine due to their older press. I don't want my bow worked on by someone at Gander Mountain, so are there any shops you would recommend in the Williamsport/Muncy/Montoursville/etc area?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, whatfer bow? I've been known to be pretty damn good. There are none that I would personally take my bow to.

I've shot up there at Bass Pro on their video, do they still have that?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Matt, whatfer bow? I've been known to be pretty damn good. There are none that I would personally take my bow to.

I've shot up there at Bass Pro on their video, do they still have that?
Ross CR334. Their press is a bit dated They're talking about getting a new one, but again, they're kind of slowing down the hunting side of things due to competition and not being able to keep up. It's a shame, they lost the video setup right after they moved stores (they're no longer in that "plaza"). They put a lot of money and time and renovated that store (put in the video system), put in an upstairs dedicated to hunting, kept the first floor to all fishing, and then Gander Mountain went in. Shortly after, they left that building (Terry, the owner, still owns those building but leases them out). They're now a hardware/fishing/hunting store with an emphasis on hardware. They're right next to the AutoZone and Old Lycoming Firehall right off 15.

If you're offering to ever work on my bow, I'd love to have someone work on it who KNOWS what they're doing, so I wouldn't regret spending the money. I may take you up on that sometime. I have a couple things in mind. If I keep my Ross for this season, I want to replace the strings, and put on a shorter loop. I also want to give the limbdriver a try possibly this year as well.

Gundeck, sorry for hijacking your thread, but Bass Pro would get my thumbs up for service, but I'm not sure about the large selection of archery/hunting products. Gander Mountain, like Rob said is in Muncy, so you wouldn't be too far from there.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I knew about Gander Mt. and I thought there was a Bass Pro in Harrisburg. I am going to Selinsgrove. Didn't know if there were any local shops, but Williamsport isn't too far away.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, there's a Bass Pro in Harrisburg, and a Cabelas in Hamburg. As for local shops in Selinsgrove, I'm not sure offhand. I drove through Selinsgrove on the way to college all of the time. You can make it there in 45minutes from Williamsport.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

And the Gander in Muncy is closer than Williamsport. I go to Selingsgrove occasionally, 30 minutes tops. There is one on I180 but I forget the name, it's a log building right off the road. If tkycaller logs on and sees this he might be able to help, he's from down there as well as Brian (forget his username, know it when I see it) but he comes up to Muncy to a shop that I wouldn't recommend.

There has to be something in the Selinsgrove/Lewisburg area. I know of one in Catawissa that has a nice indoor 3D range out to 30 yards.

That can't be too far from Selingsgrove. (East)
Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, is that (the log building)the one outside Northumberland? That used to be a gun shop 25 years ago, but I don't doubt it has changed a lot since then. Catawissa is out by Bloomsburg, so about the same distance as Williamsport for me (maybe a bit further). I know there is a small shop in Middleburg, but they have no range or anything like that. Thanks for all of the input.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Rob,

Forget my username???? I mean, I don't post a lot but sheesh. As far as the log cabin one I am not sure. The Outdoorsman was right above K-Mart on Rt. 15. That is now a used car dealer. Not really sure of any good ones local to my area but I have heard good things about the one in Middleburg. I believe they do have a small range upstairs. Can anyone verify this?

Hey Rob,

I have gotten the idea you haven't been going to the shop I frequent. What happened, care to explain? Shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply: Help from you PA guys, please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.