Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 been back to work for a month >

been back to work for a month

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

been back to work for a month

Old 06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default been back to work for a month

been back to work for about a month. working a 7-11. found a few things I like, dislike, and also miss from the old job.

I like working with the public, have done since I started working.
I like some of the people I work with.

I dislike getting may ass chewed for gas prices and the compeny does nothing but pre pay for gas. don't shot the massager. alot of gas stations are going pre payed and 85% of the customers, with how the gas prices are, prefering the prepay.
ofcouse, you have the coworkers you won't trust.
only thing I miss from my old job, I didnot have to deal with customers all the time.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: been back to work for a month

No matter what occupation or job I had, I can honestly say I was never 100% happy. There is always going to be some aspect of it, or some person that just makes the job a little on the negative side.

Although the job I got new, being retired is pretty close to perfect. Although strange as it seems, I still find myself sometimes wondering what they are doing at the place I used to work. Although. now it seems I have more things to do then ever before. But the best part is if I don't get them done, they are there waiting for tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I support computer networks for a large food retailer.There is always a lot of drama going on here.Kindergardeners are more mature than some of the people around here.

It has gotten to the point where you wonder if people come up with this stuff so that they can impress the boss and avoid getting RIFed (Reduction In Force).

Part of me wouldn't mind getting laid off. Especially if they could do it right around the start of hunting season
Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Dave I agree with you no time to get anything done when retired. My new boss is a tough one My Wife who is still working. Moat important clean the house and have Supper ready. But kind of Hard I just can't stand the pressure. I think I will go fishing and shooting .
Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started as a hyster driver, then study for while and passed the test for inspection, then study some more and became a special inspector about that time I went in 50 % on a archery and muzzleloading shop study some more [off the job under an old german gunsmith] started building some varmit rifles and then some hawken rifles about that time I started chairing the quality committee after about 12 more years I retired from Deere sold my half of the shop and started to do some other things like work on a volunteer ambulance and be an emergency manager which I quit when my wife of 44 yearsgot cancer after she had been gone for a yearI found a lady I like in AR and married her and moved from IL to AR. I have been retired since 1991 and dont do much except shoot and hunt and fish and master gardener. I liked almost all my jobs but any more I not sure how I ever found time to work. Lee