Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month? >

Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month?

Old 05-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month?

I was wondering what you guys think about the deer hunting season being moved back a month in your area? Here in Alabama the seasons have obviously changed and I for one would like to see the state set our opening Bow season back a month from mid October to Mid November. The last 10 years the heat, skeeters, snakes and ticks have took a lot of fun out of bow hunting and the deer just do not move much in 80 degree weather. The same applys during rifle season and several times in the last 10 years the winter has been so mild that we missed the rut which normally kincks in mid January but during these mild winters did not start until February .... tell me what you guys think?
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month?

I'm with you on that one. Would like to see Alabama's rifle season run from 15 Dec til the end of Feb. Or maybe even delay it only two weeks and have the season run from Dec 1st thru Feb 15th. We certainly haven been given the full benefit of the rut the last several years.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our bow season opens October 1st and runs through mid January. It stops for a couple weeks in december for the shotgun season though. Of course I'm a lot further north than you. I think for our state, these seasons are setup really good. It's alot different down there though I'm sure.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would be nice if they would follow the lead of Florida. In Fl the gun season startes for the week of Thanksgiving and then goes out till the middle of Dec. Then it runs till the middle of Feb.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not for me.the warmer the better.Cold is devasting on diseased bones when I sit 15 hours a day for 3 months
Old 05-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our bow season here in MN is from 15 Sep till 1 Jan.....we have the rut covered
Old 05-28-2005, 10:39 AM

Our bow season here in Idaho starts Aug 30th - it's way too warm to take an animal then. It does cover the elk in rut - so that's a good thing.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:07 PM

down here season starts noverber 2nd (lastyear) it was about 90degrees all season till the next to last weekend when the cold front finally hit put us in the 40s. i wish they would move our season back to end/mid december. it didnt get cold till the weekend after Xmas, we still had PLENTY of good acorns on the trees. and no need for the deer to move from the beding for food.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Man yeah I wish they would extend the season in to Feb. At my place in Greenville, Al we never get to hunt the rut. I think our rut is in March down here! We have had good luck in bow season though. Im sure holding the start of it a few weeks would only help.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Here in Southern Indiana our bow season begins in mid October , which is normally cool , but last year it was still in the upper 70s to low 80s until almost gun season . I was wearing some pretty thin stuff , heavy t-shirt material , and still sweated like a horse . Our time frame is still right for our "latitude" though .

Quick Reply: Do They Need To Move The Hunting Season Back A Month?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.