Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Reports of the Extreme >

Reports of the Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Reports of the Extreme

Old 02-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Reports of the Extreme

Those of you who have recently got a Disc Extreme from finfurfeather or already own one please post some targets or give some reports on the accuracy and what bullet combos you are using. I have one ordered and would like to hear the good and bad about these rifles. Thanks bdeather.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reports of the Extreme

As soon as my bases and rings come in I'll give a full report... this is a sweet rifleI don't think there will be anything bad to report. The load I will try on my first range session will be a 300 grain Barnes MZ in a HPH 24 sabot with a load of 120 grains 777 ffg and a 777 primer... we shall see?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

bdeather

PM Wolfhound76 he is the best Knight resource around. He can answer all of your questions from first hand experience...
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

if i had good photos or reports I'd let you know, but since i don't i can't. that's my my rifle is currently back at the Knight plant.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wasn't yours the Master Hunter that had been sitting in the closet for 5 years? I will be interested in hearing how you come out with Knight on the gun.
Art
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

bdeather

PM Wolfhound76 he is the best Knight resource around. He can answer all of your questions from first hand experience...
On the Extreme, Wolverine, Hawkeye, TK-2000it's all first hand. Other models are similar enough to what I've shot that it's applicable;Disc, Elite, LRH, Bighorn, American Knight. I don't have any first hand of the newer stuff; Vision, Revolution, KRB7, KP-1. Don't know anything more than what's in the catalog with those. Kinda like the KRB7 but can't stand the sucky stock. If they ever come out with a thumbhole it might tempt me enough to try one. The older stuff I have an OOPbook that lists a lot of info on Knight stuff from the MK-85 to the original Disc.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wolfhound76

I think that is what he is after... reliable information on the Extreme... and I know the boat you are in.. I am no longer a reliable source for information on the new guns - just do not have a need for them, so I have not kept up with them... besides the fact that you can not use any of the new guns in Idaho, actually in any of the 3 states in the Pacific Northwest.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: bdeather

Those of you who have recently got a Disc Extreme from finfurfeather or already own one please post some targets or give some reports on the accuracy and what bullet combos you are using. I have one ordered and would like to hear the good and bad about these rifles. Thanks bdeather.
I'm curently using 70 gr of FFG 777 by weight (aprox 90 gr by vol) and a 250 Barnes MZ in a MMP HPH-12 sabot with a Winchester 209 primer Accuracy is in the 1 1/2" range. I tried to find my last target but couldn't. I don't keep them for long.

I've tried many diferent loads in mine I've found the best accuracy is usually between 80 and 110 grains by volume. Bullet/sabot fit is the key for saboted bullets but that's true for every muzzleloader I've shot. With conicals you can have a looser fit but just make sure they're seated well before shooting. Mine shoots sabots and conicals with pretty good acuracy. It'll even shoot patched ball nicely with lower powder charges.