Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

full moon

Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: full moon

Wabi - very cool!!!! I need to get a better camera. My digital was one of the first that ever came out. It takes great pictures BUT digital cameras have made such leaps and bounds for a fraction of what I paid for this old one when it first came out...
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never tried to take a picture with My new christmas camera. Paid about 375-400 for a Kodak DX3600 back about 2000. Takes nice pictures close.
The new one is a Z812 Kodak bought off the Kodak web site just days before Christmas for $325.00 has a 15 x zoom and digital zoom for a total of 50x.
I have been shooting the heck out of deer with it from our living room window.
Next year when that huge bucks steps out of the swamp I can get a picture of his rackunlike this last year.

Al
Old 02-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm still using a Kodak DC200 plus. Yes, its that old. Still, it takes excellent pictures. It's actually so old that the new computer I just had build and am currently using can not hook to it with out a special adaptor. It runs off a serial port and all the new ones are USB so my brother is bring me up an adapter on his next visit so I can start to use my camera again.

I've been looking at a Nikon digital SLR camera with additional lens. I just have to convince myself I really need it that bad.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 AM

A few of the 200+ picturesI took last night.

My composite of the night's event.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Wolfhound.. what kind of camera did you take those EXCELLENT phots with?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-locale=en_US&pq-path=10689

This one. Kodak Z712 IS using manual settings. The auto settings don't work well for this.

Edit: Forgot to add I got mine at Amazon and took advantage of the free shipping. At the time they also had a deal for a free 2 gig memory card for it. I think it was around $220 total.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Great pics Wolfhound- Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

wolfhound; EXCELLENT PHOTOS!!!! I don't know much about photography, but I know a good pic when I see one. Those are amazing!! Hope our new printer does them justice.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those SLR digital cameras are really nice. I have a friend with a Cannon Rebel that goes to sporting events and makes good money selling the pictures he takes with his. I have another friend with the same camera that has many amazing flower pictures sold andpublished in garden mags every year.
They are expencive and sort of a bear to use in a deer blind when the deer show up and are gone in an instant. I used the old film SLR for many years.

Our Z812 was a new model that came out in Early December ONLY at Best Buy and Kodaks web site. We saved $80.00 for buying it at Kodaks web site rather than Best Buy. Came with a 2 GB card(part of the offer, May have to buy the card seprate now.) and free shipping for $334.00.
It works great in a deer blind, turn it on then point and shoot.

I should have tried the moon shots I see after seeing Wolfhounds, with the Z712 about the same camera I have. The zoom is the same though.

Squirrel at 80 yards.

Al
Old 02-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

alleyyooper... what distance were you from that squirrel when you took that picture? I have been doing a lot of reading on digital cameras the last few days, I have it narrowed down to the Z812 by Kodak, there is an Olympus that I have the model written down somewhere in this office, and a Nikon. My brother will be up today. His company builds custom computers (he built this new one of mine) and networks companies.. plus he is into cameras. So I will get his feed back, and maybe have him purchase it for me since he normally gets a good discount..

Quick Reply: full moon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.